Someone is trying to hack me

I see a lot of “I’m being hacked” posts, but I’ve gotten several texts and emails past few days that someone is trying to access my accounts or change my passwords.

Do yourself a favor and do the Google account security checkup. Add two step authentication. Check all devices that have logged into your account, I had someone log into my Google account from PA 2 hours before I woke up!

Nor just my Google, my FB, someone tried to get into my Amazon and Best Buy where I don’t even have an account but they emailed me to let me know someone tried to change a password to a nonexistent account.

I have no money linked to anything except Google Play, but others may. Be careful and change up passwords!

17 Likes

Are you sure your not being paranoid
You are not on meds after all

1 Like

Ideally your passwords should be at least 16 characters long, use letters (upper and lower case), numbers and symbols and be completely random.

An example of a good password is: 5%fER59eJDHr!*h3

Yeah, i use 2 factor authentication for all my important accounts if they offer it.

2 Likes

She said she got emails about it. That means it’s real

1 Like

sucks that they logged into your account… must be creepy to know that.

1 Like

Oh ok my apologies, I must have overlooked this part.
I don’t know @anon4362788 yeah change your passwords.

2 Likes

Last year someone in India tried to login into my alternate email but he/she failed. I changed my pw. I never been hacked. My brother got hacked once though, they charged his paypal, he got refunded and he changed his pw.

1 Like

I already changed my passwords. That’s what the post is about. Telling people to check their security.

4 Likes

The reason why I asked you if you were paranoid @anon4362788 is because when I went off the rails with psychosis in 2016 I thought that I was being hacked too.

I literally typed I had texts and emails, @Wave. Before you post such a thing, re-read next time. It can be insulting, especially if someone is sensitive.

2 Likes

Yeah my apologies @anon4362788
I missed what you wrote.

1 Like

I think your just been paranoid too

Oh yes, because I send emails to myself from Google and Best Buy.

1 Like

2 Likes

A recovery question was deleted, a computer I use at work signed out, and a support question sent to Google Play.

Yes, paranoia caused that.

1 Like

Could the emails have been fraudulent?

No. I checked through my Google account. They list sent emails and recent logins. Google is good about that and I never click emails links.

2 Likes

@Wave My brother got his paypal hacked so its possible to be hacked.

2 Likes

Google said 9 of my accounts had been compromised, so I closed accounts and changed passwords.

Two years ago my husband’s Microsoft account was hacked. So e kid bought a bunch of FIFA stuff.

2 Likes

Usually when they sign in from a new location you receive an email asking if it was you. If you choose no, it will log them out and block them.