Some writing, a poem/rap, and some music

This is the first verse of a song. I sang it too and its not really a “poem” because its a rap not a poem… but there are some poetic elements to all my raps. They just center around the individual a little more in my opinion. Tell a story before creating imagery, but doing both, rather than creating imagery before a story, but doing both.

stare at a solar eclipse
hop into a dark abyss
slip to contradict
yourself
when you admidst
this risk
give
them lip
burn my music on a disc
i got a whole brand new script
if i was a father id be way too strict
to my kids
so i insist
on staying lit
if that makes sense
im not sure
but i swear i divorce
this remorse
when i report
and reform
to nothing
you just bluffing
when you say you stunting like a cunning something
i do it more than seldom
its bedlam
mayhem
and they went
to the end
and you send
angels, doves, wings, messages
from above
and i feel like im in love
still
with the girl who changed my life for real
who ■■■■■■ me up
who stuck me up till i sucked
for a while
smokin too many black and milds
ever since i was a little child
well not really
but simply
put
your simply shook
simply put
im in the mood
to spit it rude
dude
and im so crude
i thought u knew

and then I was gonna turn this into a book but decided rather to include it in my song and not add to it:

It started off from innocence. Like it always does. Which leads to corruption and being abducted. It moves on to going too far and having everyone to blame but yourself. But every good and dark story starts off with a bad turn. Which leads to our character. Well, Haze Berns was his name. Haze Berns was your regular kid until his mom passed away in a fiery glory on the freeway when a lit match struck the windshield of her car where there were twigs and leaves abundantly stuffed. Eventually it spread to the engine and the whole car exploded and she died. This was on her way to picking Haze up at soccer practice when he was 6.

and heres the audio

any thoughts?

3 Likes

Hey!
About the poem/rap
I feel like it’s really good. The only parts I don’t like are the parts where you take back what u just said like: “if that makes sense I’m not sure” or “well not really”.

Other than that I think it’s cool, pretty dark, yet interesting and with good tone and meaning. I like it! Good luck

1 Like

Word. Thanks for the advice @YayaC. I’ll keep that in mind in future writing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.