Socrates talked to a daemon, are we so different?

Who has a belief that we are actually just very perceptive psychically?

3 Likes

Come on, Socrates was very functional yeh, probably a genius. He had friends and status and was a great thinker, are you and me like him? I don’t think we are personally, even though he heard a voice.

Edit did Socrates have the negatives, depression avolition anhedonia alogia I don’t think so.

1 Like

I sometimes like to believe that, but i’ve learned not to trust what i believe. It’s a nice thought. ESP or something. special instead of sick. But, it’s true that most people see less than 1% of the light spectrum. who knows how much weird stuff is floating around and we just can’t see it. or maybe we can. I think it’s something to do with how tired we are. we don’t get proper sleep, disrupted brainwaves, and it all starts to leak out into reality.

I used to think I was telepathic
still have that delusion tbh. It just doesn’t go away. It definitely would be interesting if all SZ had a psychic ability. Reminds me of this show, Legion which featured a mutant SZ with special powers.

1 Like

Science and logic?
He may have been considered by some people as psychotic. However, then he made his case with scientific observations and logical thinking. I would hope that people viewed him for what he was and that is a person of science.

1 Like

Yes, so different

Etymology

Paranoia

Ultimately from Ancient Greek Ï€Î±ÏÎŹÎœÎżÎčα (parĂĄnoia, “madness”), from Ï€Î±ÏÎŹÎœÎżÎżÏ‚ (parĂĄnoos, “demented”), from Ï€Î±ÏÎŹ (parĂĄ, “beyond, beside”) + ÎœÏŒÎżÏ‚ (nĂłos, “mind, spirit”).

5 Likes

I think we are all psychic and I speak with my voices as such.

1 Like

The unexplained

When I was psychotic I believed I was very telepathic. Since I have been out of it i recognise it all as a delusion. It was a nice ego boost to believe I was so powerful though, although it definitely wasn’t healthy

1 Like

Did socrates really claimed he talk to a deamon?

Yes. But it was good voice.

Why did you flag my post? I just mentioned the voices I hear

It’s seductive and wrong to think there’s any special benefit to schizophrenia. It’s a brain disorder. It isn’t mystical or magical even though it seems like it is sometimes.

It’s all just smoke and mirrors and dwelling on something that isn’t real isn’t productive.

2 Likes

The moon’s a demon

Maybe they thought that you believe you are really talking with them.

2 Likes

I am really talking with them in my head

3 Likes

It was not me. I cant even flag posts now hahahhhah

2 Likes

Socrates is famous now but was simply a rebellious philosopher who was executed for “corrupting the young” then. He probably died broke and little known. Socrates did’t write a single one of his ideas down. It was Plato who did that. Without Plato Socrates would have been forgotten. Maybe Socrates did a lot of interesting talking but because of things like a Daemon in his head didn’t take action and publish it. We could be described as people who “talk a lot” but do very little especially if we have a more severe type of psychosis. If people really knew what we thought all this time they might find the non-sexual, and the non-depressing stuff interesting to hear. The sexual and self destructive thinking is worth a dime a dozen. The rest might be gold.

I feel my disease is partly due to Plato’s Cave allegory. In that I have reached a higher conscious state (being that I am telepathic). But I receive no help in climbing out the tunnel (voices don’t help me like you think they would).

2 Likes

Those of us who believe in having privacy would not be too helpful to those who listen to our thoughts. Are your voices any different?

1 Like