Social withdraw and silence

Sometimes I can’t speak and it’s physically painful to

2 Likes

I just remembered junior year of high school I was in class and a substitute teacher came in and she asked what my name was and I had too much anxiety to talk. I tried to talk but no words came out. That was what my life was like in high school. Now I’m a little more better at talking

I don’t feel anxiety though myself. In this situation

the day i finally “came out” to my therapist about what i was experiencing (hallucinations and severe paranoia) that i had kept hidden for almost a year i couldnt bring myself to speak. i was in the car, my face permanently grimacing, and i just couldnt speak. my mom kept asking what was wrong and i couldnt make words come out, it was like my lips were sealed shut and my head was blank. when i got the clinic i just scribbled it down on a little note what was going on because i still couldnt talk

1 Like

This is more so what I’m experiencing!!! I’m going to try notes as well

I am an outgoing person but still I can talk till the cows come home but its all trivia. Gladly I got a place where I can withdraw and be by myself.

Definitely sympathise with you. That’s how I became so active on forums. Sometimes I just can’t talk even when there is a lot to say.

2 Likes

That’s why I turned to this, i have to say it to some one besides myself.

1 Like

This forum is great! I like talking in this forum, and I don’t get anxious about talking on here. Probably because we can empathize with each other’s struggles. People who don’t go through the things we go through, can’t really do that. A nice place it is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.