So happy...day one has been really easy since I've been so happy

I don’t understand it but I will take it…it’s been such a joy not smoking that I don’t seem to want any cravings or anything??? what’s going on? I guess I just really want to stop…?

6 Likes

This is a good sign @jukebox - maybe you are really ready for it this time :smiley:

4 Likes

I think that’s why, too. Because when I was unsuccessful at quitting, a smoking councilor said “Why don’t you wait until you WANT to quit.” Man, was I embarrassed.

1 Like

Yes, I gave up years ago, but I still remember that I felt so free. A couple of things that helped me:

1. Remember that a craving rarely lastsfor more than 3 minutes. So if you can hold out for 3 minutes you can get past it.
  2. If you used to have a cigarette as a way of taking a break, establish another “ritual” to allow yourself that 5 min/10 min break. Could be tea, could be 5 mins with the newspaper. Whatever. Just allow yourself that break.
2 Likes

It’s good that your first day has been good. It could be partly the gum if you are chewing it. There will be bad times you need to learn to prepare against. Today is the first day of all the rest.

thank you pob…yes, I am really ready for the “surprise urge” that would make me fall down and fail…most of my stress was caused by the cigarette cost themselves…so I feel not any stress now that I don’t have to figure out how to afford them?

2 Likes

day two…still easy…still happy! Today I’m going to do the “money book” about figuring out how long it will take me to afford a $600 12-string guitar…(Takamine)

4 Likes

Good work Jukebox. Very cool… :thumbsup: I’m rooting for you.

2 Likes

Good times jukebox!
I can hear that 12 string guitar playing already, what a beautiful sound it is.
Congratulations on day two!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s amazing what you can buy with your ex-ciggie money. Well done.

1 Like