Skin care regimen

We talk a lot about self care. I’m awful at it. Decided this year I will do better.

I’ve noticed my face has aged. Never paid attention to skin care properly. So i decided to do something about it. A friend shared her routine.

Tried it and wow, my face skin looks brighter and smoother after 1 day. Just finished first wash of day 2 and my face feels amazing. Here’s the routine if you want to try. Good for women and men.

Buy a tub of Noxema Classic. Apply according to directions. Wash off with a light exfoliating sponge or puff or scrubby washcloth. Make sure to scrug all areas lightly. Your face should not hurt! If it does, go lighter.

Pat dry.

Apply a good moisturizer with sunscreen.

That’s it! Do this in the morning then night. Your skin will feel so soft!

8 Likes

I use a day cream with vitamin C. Great for evening out your skin tone. I also use a serum and sunscreen that’s SPF50+. And I plan on buying a retinol cream and adding that to my routine.

I don’t use any kind of face wash because I don’t really need them.

I like Babor so I mostly use their products.

1 Like

I’m just starting. Should have done this years ago. So I don’t know good brands for the extra steps. This is within my budget. I reckon itll cost me $20 or less a month.

Unless my daughter gets into it

1 Like

Retinol is great for making your skin look younger. I don’t think you have to buy the really expensive products for it to work well. But you have to start with a low dose and read up on how to use it before you start. You can get some very cheap vitamin C creams as well, I’m sure they work pretty well. And you don’t have to use it every day. It reduces inflammation in the skin so it removes redness.

2 Likes

I’ll just put cold water on my face first thing in the morning, no soap.
It helps me wake up too.

4 Likes

Thanks @anon9798425 . I will search for retinol. I hate how I look now

1 Like

Cleanser: Pacifica Seafoam Complete Face Wash

Exfoliation: One to two times/week with Salux towel

Day:

• Serum: Algenist Power

• Moisturizer: Algenist Genius -or-Clarins Multi Active Jour

• Eyes: Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm -or- The Inky List Caffeine Eye Cream

Night:

• Treatment: The Inky List Retinol Serum

• Serum: Algenist Power Recharging Night Pressed Serum

• Moisturizer: Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Emulsion

• Eyes: Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

1 Like

@ZombieMombie, I’m really digging the retinol serum I use currently:

It’s by a company called The Inky List and they sell it at Sephora. A tube will run you around $10, and a little goes a long way!

1 Like

Thanks @Schztuna !

1 Like

i do same thing

2 Likes

About retinol,

I had a doctor prescribe me a tube of retinol cream and it was covered my my shitty insurance,

So I feel confident that if you asked for it, you could probably get it for pretty cheap from the doctor.

Or you can just by it at the store.

Just sharing my experience.

2 Likes

I wash my face with Dr Bronners castile soap and people tell me I have great skin. I just use moisturizer as needed maybe once a week if my skin feels dry

1 Like

I like Dr Bronners but find it drying. I do like their Sal Suds cleaner.

1 Like

You should try a cold cream cleanser.

They’re cheap and very moisturizing.

I used Ponds for years.

I’ve never tried the sal suds before. I’ll look into it

1 Like

I use antiaging moisturizer of my face, i notice a little difference, but what makes a difference is drinking vegetable juice twice day and lots of water to hydrate your skin supplementing on lysine skin vitamin, because skin is cells are fix internal not really external. Also quit smoking thats really bad for your skin.

1 Like

I use a face cloth and water lol

1 Like

I think you are beautiful, but winter is hard on the skin. I’m glad you found something that works.

1 Like

I just use the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer.

For the folks who use the retinol (vitamin A) - don’t forget to wear sunscreen!!

3 Likes

@anon1517417 raises a good point.

If you use retinol, you HAVE to use a sunscreen.

Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes