Sitting in the hospital, paranoid

I’m waiting on the doctor to admit me to a psych station here at the hospital. My paranoia and hallucinations have been through the roof for weeks now, despite med increases.

I’m feel so scared! It doesn’t help that I am utterly alone this time (usually someone comes with me) and I just feel so helpless. My paranoia is killing any feeling of safety I have, even in my own home.

I just needed a place to find validation that I am doing the right thing and I am in the right place…

3 Likes

You’re definitely in the right place. Hospitals are safe places I’ve been in psych hospital plenty of times.

4 Likes

Yes, if you are feeling that way the hospital is the best place for you, especially if efforts to treat it at the outpatient level have been unsuccessful. Make the most of your hospital stay; attend groups, try to stay out of your room as much as possible, etc. Well, you said you’ve done this before, so I’m sure you know those things.

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

I am so sorry that you are feeling so paranoid. I am always paranoid too but it’s usually manageable. You are in the right place. I had to go to the hospital a year ago for extreme paranoia. I’m thankful there was a safe place for me to go. I wish you the best with your stay.

Wishing you all the best with your stay!! Take it from me cause I’ve been there,go to groups.They do help.Being paranoid is no fun,goes with psychosis.Keep us posted how you are doing!!

I am so sorry. I have been there. I will pray for you.