Should you be punished for being late 6 minutes to you Dr's appointment?

so here I am at the front desk 6 minutes late and told that I am counted as a no show and told I would have to go too a snap program and see the nurse be fore get a nother appointment. for my first offense. many of time I have waited on a Dr 30 mins or more, in fact three times last year, but heaven I be late. No I think sometimes wrong. note to editor: many of people with a illness suffer with thinking ,voices etc. and most are overly sedated from the Dr’s med he or she put them on. to ever not be late to appointment. so what the beef. big money ins companys.

1 Like

No, you shouldn’t get punished.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous. :frowning:

That’s bs. I would be really upset. Can you complain to the office manager?

1 Like

Stupid, like the doctors time is worth more than yours. I have waited patiently an hour without getting angry at the doctor

I don’t think you should be punished, but you should have to reschedule your appointment.

The reason doctors are always late is because there’s always patients that require more attention than they’d scheduled. If someone cancels, they can give the appointment to someone else so the rest of the patients won’t have to wait as long.

If you have a 20 minute appointment booked, and you show up 5 minutes late and they’ve held the appointment for you, that’s 5 minutes you’re stealing from everyone who comes after you.

If they give your appointment to the next person in line when you don’t show, they have a chance of reducing wait times for everyone else.

1 Like

For 6 minutes no. I think that’s wrong.

6 minutes late seems way too short of a time to be considered a no show. I would talk with the nurse about this and inquire about the specifics of their no show policy.

2 Likes

Sounds unreasonable to me.
6 minutes late is nothing.
Yes, talk to the nurses and doctor about it.

Why would they do that? 6 mins.

I had to wait 45 mins for the doctor the other day

I bet the receptionist would have turned me away too if I was 6 mins late.

They’re trained to be unreasonable.

We have to battle to get appointments from these people

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Every doctor I’ve been to gives a 15 minutes window for appointment times.

2 Likes

At my gp u have to get turned away if you are 10 minutes late.

I’m not sure if 6 minutes is reasonable especially if they don’t warn u. If they warn u I think it’s def reasonable considering the pressures on the health care system.

1 Like

I’m wondering if the doctor will charge you for those six minutes. You might decide to get another doctor, but I wouldn’t be snotty about it. Those people know a lot of different ways they can inflict misery on you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.