Should Sz's have kids?

I think it’s a tough answer, it always depends. I think if you can’t afford kids, then you shouldn’t have kids, schiz or not.

I, will probably not have kids, I contemplate suicide too much, and who knows if I’ll ever meet the right woman. Schizophrenia doesn’t run in my family, I’m the one who got it first :frowning:

Here is another posting you may want to read on this topic:

I should add that our daughter was an oopsie. I thought I was sterile. My wife was told she was probably sterile. The kid had other plans, apparently. We had considered adopting, but it turned out there was no need. The main concern was the hereditary nature of SZ plus other weird issues I have, like a congenital heart defect.

10-96

I think I may want kids someday, I’m only 32 so I’ve got a few years left. I’m not stable enough right now but getting better every day it seems like lately. Yeah I’d worry about passing on the sza gene but like everyone said its luck of the draw. So many other things are more likely to happen in a child’s life that are way worse. Its not like its a fatal disease you can live with it.