Should information about diseases and symptoms ban from google?

Whenever i check my symptoms about my diseases i receive horrible informations about my diseases.usually it say " in rare condition" but i can not process that well and i get really paranoid about my diseases and conditions

1)Disease informations on web search engine should only accessible for medical staff or medical students
Or
2) disease informations on web search engine should be accessible for everyone except for mentally ill people
Or
3)İt should be accessible for everyone

What is your opinion about?
There is even song about this

1 Like

I definitely understand it can be scary…but I don’t believe in the banning of any information…people have a right to be informed about their health.

Maybe those health websites should add in probability that you have something. So like based on your symptoms, there’s a 90% chance you just have a cold and like a .0005% chance it’s lung cancer or something.

The best thing is always just to see a doctor if you are really concerned :slight_smile:

3 Likes

probability option is wonderful idea.i really like it👍

2 Likes

I think information needs to be freely available to people. So many people with rare conditions are finally getting proper treatment because they looked their symptoms up online and spoke with their doctor in an informed manner. Some people end up having their hypochondria reinforced, but the fact that it helps some is reason enough to keep it for me. Also, it is accurate information.

2 Likes

@Ninjastar. Most sites have a disclaimer on them that you should see a medical professional. That the web site is not a diagnostic. Don’t they?

3 Likes

Information should be available freely. Doctors usually not tell about side effects of medications and other treatments. Also not all doctors are well informed about all medical things and patients can inform their doctors about side effect concerns, other treatment options, medications, supplements etc to their doctors for better outcome rather than remain like a passive patient.

1 Like

Yeah, they probably all have some kind of disclaimer.

2 Likes

I can be a near hypochondriac sometimes. But mostly when I get an odd blood test or something.

I think those websites are great though and a visit to a physician is the best and smartest bet.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.