Dr.Google 151515

Does anyone else have a bad habit of searching your physical symptoms up on google and getting convinced you have a serious illness? I’m a diagnosed hypochondriac so i always think im dying of something serious.

Fu*k you Dr.Google! lol

2 Likes

I do search and read but I never get convinced unless tests done by Drs show otherwise.

2 Likes

Before sz I thought I had autism and not sz but then a year later I was diagnosed with psychosis. It was a relief to know my true diagnosis.

1 Like

I’m happy to hear you’re not a hypochondriac. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

2 Likes

I used to be a hypochondriac, when I had really bad anxiety. I dont have it anymore.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that! I hope it goes away for me one day. Its super annoying.

1 Like

Yeah. Me.

Sometimes I’m actually right.

Sometimes, not so much. I once convinced myself that I had some weird medically unacknowledged STD-ish syndrome that freaked the hell out of me. I knew everything about it after a while. It got me deadscared of even just kissing someone, thinking I was giving them something horrible. :))

In reality I just had a bad conscience, for doing things that I really didn’t want, and some stress-related issues.

I’m doing better at this moment, I think.

1 Like

That’s good! (:

1 Like

I’m still a bit ashamed about it, now I’m thinking of it again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t be! 151515

1 Like

I used to be but honestly I don’t care if I die.
Dying is eventually going to happen anyway.

In my later years I’m more comfortable with the concept of death

1 Like

I hope that happens to me as I get older. I’m 27 and scared of dying. The thought of my consciousness being gone for eternity scares me.

1 Like

I have had the same fear. Something that helped me with the thought of dying for eternity is reading advanced scientific writings in theoretical physics about time etc. I don’t understand anything about it and that gives me great relief that my fear is about something that is beyond my understanding.

Just the wikipedia on Time is enough for me:
Time in physics - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Researching your own health conditions, symptoms and medications isn’t a bad thing. The more you know the better.

Convincing yourself you have a bunch of problems you don’t have isn’t productive.

4 Likes

I went through the “symptom shopping” phase decades ago. Back when there wasn’t a Google yet. I leave knowing about illnesses to my docs now and just do what I’m told when I’m told.

1 Like

Wow i didn’t know he said that

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.