Should I give up and

Take Clozapine as my AP?

The side effects put me off, but I have few options left

:sob:

2 Likes

Don’t sell out on the side effects till you’ve tried it. I came here years ago and heard all the horror stories of zypexa but finally after trying it it’s worked well for me. You just never know and it’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

I guess you’re right…

My problem is I have always been highly sensitive to meds.

Really don’t want to be sedated and put on the weight

Also switching APs will be very difficult

Has Amisulpride outlived its utility?!?!?!?!?!

Taking them at nighttime might help you with the fear of sedation, you’ll be asleep anyway so no harm no foul. You may dribble a little but that’s a great toss up for a clear mind the next day. :relieved:

Also it won’t just happen over night but you got to start somewhere!

2 Likes

This is what I am afraid of

Starting all over again on a new AP scares me

1 Like

Hi there I just increased my clozapine from 250 to 300 tonight hoping for the best. My weight is up to 145lbs. Im in bed 12 hours a night trying to get that down to 10.

1 Like

Are you giving up or are you just attacking from a different direction?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

It is not as bad as Zyprexia in terms of weight gain.

There is more sedation, though. Drooling at night too. I also got acid reflux from it and would cough and cough because of it.

1 Like

Clozapine totally destroyed my sense of balance. I would be standing still, and I would be in serious danger of doing a nose dive into the carpet.

1 Like

Giving in. I have rejected this treatment for years

Great framing :sunny:

I went on Clozapine in 1998 for half a year.! Was on 600 mg a day. It totally wiped out my psychosis. I got of it because I couldn’t handle the side effects. I also have been on Amisulpride that wasn’t as effective on the positive symptoms like Clozapine: I was on 1200 mg of that: If you have been on all kinds of antipsychotics under the sky with no success I will recommend you to go on Clozapine:

1 Like

Thanks @columbus - will do