Should i delete my social media accounts yes/no

Does anyone on here have social media. Has anyone deleted their accounts

4 Likes

I deleted my Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

I prefer anonymity.

2 Likes

If I knew how to delete them they would already be deleted. Right now I just don’t go on them.

1 Like

Fair enough i have instagram made a new account but not sure i want to be on it now

1 Like

I deleted my facebook and twitter years ago. I do have an instagram account though.

1 Like

I texted this girl i once knew and she hasnt text back in thinking maybe i should delete insta as i dont have mcuh to post and honestly i think she hates me so do other’s i have befriended

I deleted everything when I thought that my computer was hacked and that I was being followed. That was 10 years ago.

If you can handle social media don’t delete it. I myself can’t handle it. I start posting weird sh-it. I become paranoid etc.

I would try a timeout first. Just like we have a timeout on this forum. You might change your mind. Social media is beneficial for me and adds so much value. However sometimes I have to limit it.

I have 5000 friends on Facebook
and more than 1000 followers on Twitter.
I have an audience, i mean.

1 Like

I ditched Twitter and moved to Mastodon because the former is becoming a toxic sludge pit under Musk. Currently considering moving from Instagram to Pixelfed as well. I do enjoy social media, but I am careful to avoid anything toxic like current news, politics, or following celebrities. Those are the big three that seem to wreck the experience.

3 Likes

I have accounts with most major social media.

The only ones I actually use are Facebook and Instagram

I don’t plan on deleting any of them.

1 Like

It depends if you find them useful. Or you’re getting sucked in them?

I no longer have Facebook account. I had deleted, then returned and deleted again for good. Realized I was creating mess for myself over there. And my friends were not much active on it I think. My timeline was filled with pages I liked and friends of friends posts. Could never figure out what I was supposed to do with Instagram. Deleted, returned and deleted again. I didn’t create mess over there luckily.

1 Like

If they’re dragging your quality of life down or your addicted then yes. If you can moderate it successfully then maybe no. Make sure you have friends in place who you can reach out to before deleting. Also, plan to spend time doing other activities that you like.

3 Likes

I got paranoid about social media and thought the government was tracking me on them. I deleted them.

I still feel like the government is tracking me on this site but I need the support so I just try to get over it. But it’s not easy

I don’t have any social media that shows my real identity. So, no Facebook, no Instagram, no TikTok, no Twitter, etc…

I do have social media where I am anonymous. Such as this forum, Reddit, Imgur, and I rarely visit Tumblr, too.

1 Like

I have facebook which is a great tool if used wisely. The meetup groups for sports are good ive met friends through them.
Then i use messenger with friends and fam :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

Instagram is for doom scrolling hot ladies and trolling. :smiling_imp::innocent:

Then theres this forum for mental health :blush:

1 Like

I use an annon twitter. Never post on FB but like looking at some groups about my interests.
Instagram is pretty okay way of seeing what your old pals are up to.

Why would they want to track you?

I think the way governments operate and some of the decisions they make and there being plenty of secrecy leads people to believe all sorts. If they are not open people are less likely to trust them. Read up about open government.

Because they thought I was an agent. Now that they know I’m not one for the usa they’re tracking me because they think I am for a different country