Should I apologize?🙄

To my husband?

I really don’t see how I’m in the wrong, except using the f word when I texted him… he’s the one who refuses to spend alone time with me… I don’t know what to do. I feel like venting on social media about it but I won’t.

2 Likes

WHAT??!! No.

1 Like

Ugh!!!

@Pandy

I feel like I shouldn’t, I just don’t know what else to do. He’s coming home today or tomorrow and I don’t want it to be awkward. I know he won’t apologize

1 Like

I think that the proper way to handle this would be maybe to apologize for using the F word but you also need to calmly express to him why you are unhappy. Explaining to him your reasons for being unhappy in a calm logical way is probably the best way to get the results you want. He needs to know that you are not currently happy with the way you are being treated.

7 Likes

I think you should sit down with him and talk about it. Tell him you love his child and that being alone doesn’t mean you don’t love him. Explain again that you want to have some quality time with him because you love him and you won’t having that opportunity again for a long time.

4 Likes

I like what @Bowens said.

3 Likes

Please don’t vent about it on social media. I’d humbly propose you have a chat with your husband at a time that suits you both, and bring a mental script with you with the things that are bothering you and strategising in advance a non confrontational way of talking to him. Most men shut down emotionally when met with an angry outburst. I’m sure you have reasons to be upset, even angry about, but probably you don’t want things to escalate. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone

@Bowens
@CoCo
@NotSeksoEmpirico

3 Likes

Your husband should be the one apologizing,

But you know he won’t.

You know what I think you should do.

The last thing is apologize.

2 Likes

Why is he refusing to spend alone time with you?
Does he not have the right kind of feelings for you?

If that’s what upsetting you, I get it. And you should probably talk about it.

But if this is just because of that one trip then I don’t really get it. Sounds like there’s more to it though.

1 Like

Me too 1555555555

3 Likes

I have no idea what’s going on his head.

We haven’t gone on a single trip alone the last year and a half. I would think he’d wanna go on some kind of trip with me, just the two of us, before the baby gets here… even when we’re at home together, he’d rather watch football or play video games with his son and it’s basically been this way since I got pregnant.

@anon9798425

1 Like

I don’t know of course but it does sound like he’s not fully invested in this. Sounds like you two really need to talk.

People can be oblivious sometimes to what they’re doing though. Hopefully it’s that.

And if he’s ignoring you on purpose and says he’s invested but isn’t doing anything wrong then I’d be really concerned about him as a boyfriend in general.

1 Like

To me it seems as though he just wants me and my family to take care of his son and his baby so he can pursue his career and schooling without having anything to worry about🙃

Idk if that’s what it is, but that’s what it feels like.

@anon9798425

1 Like

Try and make peace and come to a compromise, if you are to have a child then that child needs both of you in order to have the best upbringing.

My sister was a single mum and she really struggled :frowning: had no time for herself, left with all the bills and everything :frowning:

1 Like

You should try to tell him your concerns in a very non-confrontative way and see how he responds. Ideally he would be supportive and understanding if you present it that way. And look out for warning signs.

1 Like

I don’t know that both people being miserable in the relationship… or even one of them being miserable is good for the baby either though…

@Resilient1

2 Likes

That’s a very generalized statement.
I’d say do what’s best for you and your child. Keep him in your child’s life if he’s good with your child, but don’t stay in a relationship for the sake of your child. That usually ends up harming the child.

1 Like

Idk i think you guys just need to sort things out and try and strengthen the relationship so that you can all live as a nice happy family,

If he is trying to make it work then its up to you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.