She's going into hospice

My great grandmother is being moved into hospice. I just went down to Texas to see her in February (and again over the summer) when she turned 100. Now she’s not wanting to eat and is having to be moved to hospice care. I am scared I won’t have enough money for a last minute flight to get down there; they are really expensive without a little bit of notice, and I know my grandma (her daughter) wouldn’t wait at all to get the proceedings underway. I tried to convince my husband to let me go ahead and sell my French horn so I could have money ready to go, but he won’t let me. Not sure what to do, but I am heartbroken that she is at this final stage and I may not make it back.

5 Likes

Oh honey I’m so sorry. That must be an awful feeling. I wish there was some way I could help. I wish I had money I could buy a ticket for you.

I’m sorry for your pain @Happy_H.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Happy_H

I was doing a psych stay when my grandma passed on. Please take care of yourself.

I’m so sorry. I hope something works out

I’m sorry to hear it, hopefully you can find a way to get there.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.