Seroquel not as sedating as expected

I find 25mg seroquel not a knock out pill as I have heard on this forum …and under drug.com reviews …I struggle to sleep but eventually sleep at 3 am or so …sometimes I take melatonin g with it …any suggestions or comments or experiences

Never felt anything on 25mg Seroquel other than a yawn or two but I was pretty awake. On 75mg it sedated me for 5 minutes and I was pretty awake after that aswell. Guess I would need higher doses but I already am on Risperidone.

1 Like

If you take 300 mg its Kinda sedating, but not a knock out pill for me either, and cant take it due to side effects.

1 Like

25mg is like taking a Tylenol. I take 700 mg.
You should get relief around 300 mugs or so

1 Like

It affects everyone differently. I was on 900mg and it didn’t knock me out for a couple hours.

1 Like

I never got sedated much on Seroquel. But I have an old friend that overdosed on it and almost died on not a huge amount. So definitely only take a prescribed.

1 Like

I used to take 50mg and it would be enough to make me sleepy. Now I take 100 at night, and I go to bed after taking them. It takes almost an hour for them to work, but they do work.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know maybe I should try a 50 mg

I started at 25 mg seroquel for sleep but it didn’t work. So we worked our way up to 300 mg seroquel and still nothing.

It turns out there was something chemically in the medication I was on that was keeping me from falling asleep. Now I switched meds and falling asleep isn’t a problem anymore. I switched from geodon to abilify, fYI

1 Like

I’ve been on Seroquel 400 x 2 for a very long time. I didn’t think it was doing anything to me until I didn’t get it for five days. Then I got a little more jittery than I cared to be. I was also taking Geodon 80 x 2 daily. Geodon is good stuff.

1 Like