Sep-363856

There is anyone on here that have been medicated with sep363856?

2 Likes

Is it some new med?

Yes. Is going through trial. Phase 3

Stronger than clozapine?

Different than any med that exists nowadays.

Googled article that says it’s being developed for the negative symptoms of Schizophrenia.

edit: this was for roluperidone before OP’s subject edit of sep-363856 not roluperidone

Why do you care about it?
You need it? The current APs don’t help?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant sep-363856. Not roluperidone.

1 Like

This medication works differently. It doesn’t influence the dopamine.

People are curious because it supposedly can also treat the negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia (which are currently refractory to treatment). Moreover, no metabolic or sexual side effects. It is quite possible that future medications for SZ will be based on the mechanism of this medication and effectively the existing medications will become redundant.

4 Likes

Which one? The SEP…? It does influence dopamine but just indirectly via a different mechanism.

TAAR1 plays a significant role in regulating neurotransmission in dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin neurons in the CNS;

1 Like

My guess is that it will have less effects but wont completely treat negative symptoms as it still reduce dopamine but just indirectly via another mechanism than regular antipsychotics.

We will know the truth when it will be available.

2 Likes

Does Karxt indirectly affect dopamine? From my understanding it doesn’t but this stuff is hard to understand

1 Like

It’s doesn’t block the dopamine D2 receptors

2 Likes

Yea true but it affects TAAR1 which affects dopamine but we dont know yet how it affects dopamine, decrease or stabilize it etc We will know for sure when its released.

1 Like
1 Like