"Self help" books

Any book you’ve read that has helped you live better?

1 Like

Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now, Stillness Speaks, A New Earth, and Practicing The Power of Now.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check him out

1 Like

“Your Erroneous Zones” by Dr Wayne Dyer.

1 Like

the best i have read is called ‘‘Peak’’ by Anders Ericsson - i read half of it. and it gives me boost of understanding how to learn things.

highly recommend this book. its based on scientific reasearch by Psychology expert on experts :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few come to mind, all pretty much standards:

“First Things First” and “7 Habits …” Steve Covey

“Stop Worrying and Start Living” and “How to Make Friends…” by Dale Carnegie

“Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff” by Richard Carlson

“Mental Health through will training” and “Manage your fears, Manage your anger” A. Low (founded Recovery Inc meetings)

“Random Acts of Kindness”

“Creative Visualization” Shakti Gawain… very new agey but some good ideas

“Everything I needed to know I learned in kindergarten”

“Life 101” series although some parts sound a bit delusional

“101 Habits of Happy/Successful People” Niven ?

“See You At the Top” by Zig Ziglar… His audiobooks are pretty good too

I am not very pleased with Gary Zukav - he comes across to me as disliking schizophrenics and I think he is pretty loopy himself

…some of these you can find as free audiobook streams on YouTube

Every self help book I have ever read has some delusional thinking mixed into it so evaluate everything you read based on your own experiments.

2 Likes

Stop worrying and start living
You can heal your life

1 Like

The Book Of Five Rings. It’s more about the process of being the best. It’s very esoteric but interesting.

2 Likes

Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff

2 Likes

It’s philosophy of how to win… read half of it. Good book will come back after I finished peak.

2 Likes

I wanted to become StarCraft pro player so I bought art of war book and book of five rings . Then I found peak. And when I read it I decided that it’s better to realise myself to become an artist. Because it’s more developed branch. And more stable and healthier

2 Likes
1 Like

I am currently reading Self-Compassion by Kristen Neff with my therapist. I think it is very useful.

2 Likes

nice! I had my family get the book for me when I was hospitalized.

2 Likes

The brain that changes itself by norman doidge oh and the bible

1 Like

The people most helped by self help books are the ones that write popular ones that make lots of money for the author/authoress .

2 Likes

self help books - the books that help themselfs

1 Like

Financial Peace Revisited, by Dave Ramsey, and
Value Investing the Warren Buffett Way: The Buffettology Workbook, by Mary Buffett and David Clark.

1 Like

The more books you read the smarter you are- the smarter you are the more books you read

2 Likes

Make Your Bed --Admiral McRaven

1 Like