Schizophrenia symptoms significantly lower with aerobic exercise: Study

Schizophrenia symptoms are significantly lower with aerobic exercise, according to study findings. The researchers combined data from 10 independent clinical trials with a total of 385 schizophrenia patients. The researchers found that just 12 weeks of aerobic exercise is enough to improve symptoms in schizophrenia patients.

6 Likes

Yes i find it hard to motivate …!! I rarely go out …!! They say physical exercise works for Sz…!!!

1 Like

I try to get to the gym three times a week. I focus mostly on cardio, typically doing between an hour and an hour and a half on a treadmill each time, and it seems to help me quite a bit. I usually do a little ab work and strength training while I’m there, but cardio is my big thing. Besides working on losing weight, I do it to get myself feeling a little better between the ears. If nothing else it releases some tension, elevates my mood a little, and gives me more energy and motivation. I didn’t read the article, but I imagine the study found it helps more with negative symptoms than positive symptoms. It’s just a matter of making myself get up and go there. I should go today, I’m off from work today, but I don’t know. I’m getting my injection in a couple hours, and it’s a gluteal shot, so working that muscle on the treadmill would make the injection site sore. Maybe I’ll go tonight anyway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am planning to start next week !!

3 Likes

I need to get back on the trail…

1 Like