Schizophrenia patients with high intelligence: A clinically distinct sub-type of schizophrenia?

Everyone wants superphrenia

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. I posted the OPā€™s article in a thread where someone was claiming that Schizophrenia was a sign of intelligence. It simply isnā€™t. There are some smart schizophrenics but to claim that schizophrenics are some kind of savants because of their illness is misleading and a bit delusional. I think it is simply a case of wishful thinking.

9 Likes

Hmm. . .

The Answer To My Question?.

Feel Free, Iā€™ll Give You Time To Think About It.

:purple_heart:

1 Like

Old SNL bitā€¦

5 Likes

What was your question Slystic? I donā€™t have the time to try to go through your post and try to figure out what you are asking. Can you state your question in one sentence?

1 Like

Hmm. . .

I Can See Youā€™re Confused.

New Question!.

Are You Taking Your Medications?. (One Sentence). :pensive:

:purple_heart:

1 Like

None of your business but yes I am.

2 Likes

By the way, Iā€™m not confused about anything. You asked multiple questions. How the hell am I supposed to know what you are referring to.

1 Like

Iā€™d trade a High IQ for peace of mind.

2 Likes

Even if people with high intelligence are more likely to suffer from some kind of mental illness, that doesnā€™t mean in any way mental illnesses are diseases of high intelligence.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. I might be average or below average but I have severe negatives like I had dementia it felt likeā€¦I went from understanding calculus pretty well (or so I thought) and abstract algebra (during or before prodromal) to getting Cs in math classes before my psychotic break in 2011. I couldnā€™t pass mathematical logic despite passing the initial tests. Probability was pretty rough too. I only passed because of a curve. I think my IQ was 120 and now itā€™s like 110 max, but I never been tested so I just assume Iā€™m stupid.

1 Like

This is undergrad math. Itā€™s a dime a dozen these days. Nothing spectacular or to write home to mom about. Itā€™s been 10 years of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and suffering and hell.

1 Like

I know things and I donā€™t know things. Iā€™m not interested in comparison.
If Iā€™m a genius, :blush: yay.
If Iā€™m a dolt,:blush:yay.

2 Likes

I mean I saw a guy on a documentary with sz who wasnā€™t smart enough to realize his family wasnā€™t killed and replaced by clones. How smart do you have to be to realize that people are the people who they are? Thatā€™s pretty basic.

John Nash is super smart despite his sz, but his son is not. The more time I spend with this illness I feel like people like Nash are exceptions to the general rule. Iā€™m definitely not as smart as I used to be, but I feel like I am average at least, because I had more intelligence to begin with. Instead of going from average to unintelligent, I went from smart to average, if that makes any sense. So I guess I should be grateful.

2 Likes

So were the psychiatrists who initially wrote me off.

Helps to be a stubborn cuss.

4 Likes

I remember him. Stuart Smalley

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying anybody should be written off. Iā€™m glad that you are thriving. I just donā€™t agree with those who try to say szā€™s are somehow specially mentally gifted. The studies do not show that. Everyone is an individual case though.

2 Likes

No, weā€™re just people like everyone else. If weā€™re gifted, itā€™s in the sense that we were gifted with a few extra monkeys on our backs we have to deal with that ā€œnormalā€ folks donā€™t.

3 Likes

My IQ at about 15 was 116 or 117.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a sign that youā€™re insecure about yourself to post your IQ scores. But I can definitely forgive someone whoā€™s had their life devastated by sz for being insecure about themself.

3 Likes