Schizophrenia Disability Question

I’ve been working part-time now since my diagnosis. My question-

I live in Canada. Would I be able to apply for government assistance to top up my pay to a full-time salary? I’m sure my Psychiatrist would sign the paperwork if this were available to me.

Does such a situation exist? To get a partial disability benefit?

1 Like
1 Like

bum%201

6 Likes

I do not believe that it is warm enough in Canada for them to be worn.

2 Likes

:joy: Too funny @anon1571434. 1515151515

2 Likes

I like it. I like it a lot.

1 Like

Not everyone is 100% disabled so yes that is possible … but the fact that you are working at All doesn’t look good for your disability claim… however I know it is possible.,. Contact a lawyer

1 Like

I’m sorry Nevermind I’m not in Canada

1 Like

You can apply for a PWD person with disability assistance in each province in Canada or federally. Both programs have claw backs on what you can earn. There is also the disability tax credit . Google this stuff.

Sorry I can’t help. I’m on disability in the U.S.

I’m in the U.S. too. Here, you have to be totally disabled to the point where you cannot work at all to qualify. At least I think so anyway. Canada may be different.

Can you work and tech SSDI

1 Like

Hmm I’m in Canada too. I have odsp I get 1,151 dollars a month. Not sure how anything else works with when you are working. I am not working at the moment.

1 Like

Not in my part of the country. Not sure how things work in Ontario, though. In my own case here you have to be almost completely disabled and incapable of work to qualify for disability income, and then they don’t let you do very much work at all.

I don’t think that’s a good system, but it’s the system we have.

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

You can work some but there’s a limit to how much you can make and not lose your benefits.

1 Like

In British Columbia you can earn up to ~$12,000 before they start deducting your disability.

1 Like

I’ve been debating on applying for disability …

If you have SZ you should totally go for it, makes life way easier.

1 Like

Well in my case I was in the psychiatric hospital and they referred me to a lawyer. He sued Social Security for disability benefits. He got a third of the back pay from the date I was determined to be disabled on which was the date I was paid for accrued vacation leave in March. My last day of work was December 24. It was the following December I received the money.

I should … I have a very stressful job.:…social work …/ / I actually work in the disability department but on a state level… Social Security only wants to give me like $1100/month… it just doesn’t seem feasible to me… but I guess then my healthcare and meds would be cheap