Scared that credit bureau will report me to authorities for sending a message

I sent a message saying yesterday, do your job, it doesnt take a genius to do this, a child can do better job, because i had a old charge off account for seven years, and they still wont remove, kept telling to remove they still wont, so i got fed up, so i sent that message now i afraid they will report me to the police for harrasment and bully, but i felt but i sent a apology letter to them that i did not meant to offend anybody, i said i was sorry, i just want an explanation why my old charge charge off is still on my credit report, what will happen to me, will they report me to the police, im scared and paranoid, will they accept my apology letter. please help.

1 Like

i don’t think you should worry… they prob get a lot worse emails and you did send an apology… so i don’t think you have anything to worry about. It’s prob fine…

2 Likes

really are you sure, its not form of harrasment or bullying?

1 Like

i don’t think what you said is a form of harasment or bullying… and you already apologized anyways…

1 Like

okay thanks, i hope they accept my apology letter.

1 Like

But im still paranoid and scared though. I really regret sending the message to them.

Youre good man they prob get death threats on the daily

2 Likes

If you send angry letters its better to just highlight how you’ve been poorly effected and the poor service you got and how it effected you, rather than insult them. A letter of complaint. I’ve sent a few of them and I always seem to get good responses where companies realise they’ve done something wrong and want to help make me feel better. Usually an apology and a declaration that they will make specific changes due to my letter.

I agree with others that nothing will happen, but I would avoid doing that kind of stuff in future anyways.

1 Like

Your right, thanks for your reply. I understand, One thing i just dont understand, i keep telling them to remove the old charge off account but they are not doing it, its been on there for over 7 years, isnt it the rules that if its on there for seven years they have to remove it from your credit report, im i missing something here.

1 Like

Charges can stay on an account longer if the creditor defiles after 7 years. Can be up to 20 in some states. What is your state? NJ?

2 Likes

Oy vey.

I have no comment here other than that.

1 Like

yea i live in nj, got my experian result, they still didnt remove it, i give up. whats the point. im beating dead horse here.

I don’t think there’s going to be any serious consequences. You didn’t really threaten anybody, you were just voicing your displeasure. If they are making a mistake and someone is not doing their job I think they would understand why you sent the letter. You didn’t really bully or harass anybody. You got a little mad, it’s not a huge deal. Hopefully you’re sure that they made the mistake; not you.

Do you have someone who can call on your behalf? Like a family member? Maybe even ask your case manager or social worker or therapist to help you with this problem. First, I would research online and see if you have your facts right about the seven years.

My case workers have done stuff for me before. Just about a month and a half ago I needed a responsible person to drive me home from my colonoscopy. The hospital don’t allow me to drive myself so my case worker drove me there, and waited an hour, and then drove me home. He also helped me get my COVID-19 vaccination.

Years ago, my therapist is the one who brought to my attention some cheap housing for me. The waiting list was 5 years but she helped me get on the list and it was only a four year wait and I ended up getting a like-new studio for about $600 a month and I stayed there six years. Thanks to her.

Social workers or counselors have taken me out to coffee before too. And the same therapist who was instrumental in getting me that studio also took me to apply for a job once. So I’m just trying to point out to you (or anybody) that workers and therapists will sometimes help in outside matters that have nothing to do with mental health. If you feel like giving up and you need help and you trust your case manager maybe you could have a three-way call with the credit bureau and get this straightened out.
And when I first got ill my mom and dad used to accompany to the Social Security office and sit in on the meetings. They would ask questions and make sure I understood what was going on. And they were moral support. I think you see my point.

1 Like

Really okay thanks 77nick77 appreciate it.

1 Like
1 Like

thanks for the link

1 Like

Hmm. . .

What’s The Lesson Here Observers?. Thou Shalt Be Nice To Your Neighbor, Maybe, I Dunno |||+||| :smiling_imp:

I’m sure they just dismissed you as an angry client, and they probably got a lot of those.
Why is it so important for you to have that charge removed from your records?

I wouldn’t worry about it. Doesn’t sound threatening. I’m sure they get a lot worse letters. It may take a while to remove it. If there’s been any action regarding you, on the account, it usually takes 7 years from that date, to remove it.

1 Like