Say Anything: LXXII 🥺

@anon47167357. Hey I read in the other thread that your mom makes cracklin. My dad too. I love it.
Edit: @anon47167357 My dad also makes his own lard for cooking

3 Likes

She sure does, I love me a bit of cracklin, with sea salt on top

2 Likes

Haloperidol is a strong med, though 1.5 mg is a low dose. I take 5 mg haloperidol in the morning; I’m supposed to take 5 mg at night, too, but it usually causes me akathisia if I take the night dose.

I don’t know what is a high or low dose for clozapine. About all I know about clozapine is that it typically is used as a last resort AP.

4 Likes

hi @freakonaleash , thanks for filling me with vital info on my medication.
I take both these at night. I have no morning dosages.
when u say clozapine is a last resort AP what do u mean? does it mean that its a strong/edgy medicine.

My psychiatrist suggested if I’m only going to take one dose I could take the night dose, but I told her I’d rather make it the morning dose. I told her I don’t care how crazy I am when I’m sleeping; I’m more concerned with how crazy I am when I’m awake. It is a sedating drug, though.

I say clozapine is a last resort, because it seems most psychiatrists don’t really like prescribing it unless they really need to, like if other atypical APs have failed. Clozapine requires blood levels be taken regularly, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

oh ok.
my psychiatrist never suggested to monitor blood levels.

Yeah, I think clozapine is the one that requires regular blood work, but I could be wrong. Maybe others on the forum know more about clozapine than I do.

1 Like

that’s ok. I am fine.
thanx for the info.

2 Likes

The launch was pretty good, I cant wait for them to launch real astronauts.

@steffifan, Here’s the Wikipedia pages on Clozapine. Hope this helps. :v:

4 Likes

Hey Monte, how are you feeling this morning?

1 Like

Hi Leash!

I’m feeling well. I’m getting a new graphic novel delivered today. Yippee! Haha.

But I’m just trying to stay positive. I’m not having a whole lot of auditory stuff this morning. I made my coffee a little weaker than I usually do in the morning. So I wonder if that helped.

How are you feeling?

From what we’ve talked about on here, do you think I sound more like a paranoid schizophrenic versus schizoaffective?

I know you’re not a doctor, but I’m just curious about your opinion.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m feeling pretty good, well rested.

If I had to guess I would diagnose you with schizophrenia. From what I know of you on here you don’t seem to have the strong mood component you find in people with schizoaffective disorder. So, more like schizophrenia with maybe some depression. That’s just my thought on it. What does your psychiatrist say?

1 Like

That’s awesome that you’re feeling rested.

Yeah, I agree. My current pdoc seems to agree that I have more regular schizophrenic traits.

Thank you. I’ll have to ask my pdoc’s opinion on my diagnosis the next time I see him.

1 Like

Yeah, from what I’ve read on the forum over the years it seems schizoaffective depressive-type is not commonly diagnosed. It seems in those situations the person is given two diagnoses, schizophrenia and depression. It seems like usually schizoaffective disorder is diagnosed when the mood symptoms are bipolar in nature. I have schizoaffective bipolar-type, though I suppose you might have already known that.

1 Like

Yes, I remember your diagnosis.

Do you do well on your meds?

I have the same diagnosis. But I really disagree with it.

I’m wondering if Thorazine would be a better med for me, as opposed to Loxapine.

2 Likes

Oh man, Thorazine comes with high risk of TD, EPS, not a desirable drug from what I’ve heard.

I do fairly well on meds, though I still battle through symptoms every day. A little crazy :crazy_face: lol, but not too bad most of the time. I mean, life is still damn hard for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was reading over Thorazine’s side effects. I think I’ll stick with Loxapine. Loxapine seems to keep me stable, and I don’t have many side effects with it.

It’s nice to hear that you’re mostly stable these days.

You’re a good dude. You deserve a little peace of mind. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, man. You’re a good dude, too.

3 Likes

I was petrified o f watching that tv in the first two years of my sz (2017-2018) fully convinced that the IRA were watching me thoroug it. I mean the screen acted like a huge camera lens and I was being videod, it was a giant camera basically. I was the only one not in the IRA who had found out about this technology, and I thought they wanted me dead because of it. Every room that had a tv my voices would be able to see me through it. I mean they were really convincing, they once knew that I had the smallest smile on my face even when I was trying to not smile, and other things like I had a sticker on my jean ass pocket that I didn’t know consciously was there. It was utterly real

2 Likes