Saw my pdoc yesterday

I told her that I haven’t been depressed in the last 17 years and that I don’t think I ever will be again the rest of my life. She said she was very happy to hear that.

I was hoping that she would cut down a bit on my Risperdal Consta depot dosage but she said, “not just yet.”

I see her again in two months. Maybe she’ll cut back on it then. I want to decrease the dose to hopefully improve my piano playing.

7 Likes

So you like piano playing ?
You sure its the meds ? Because I have increased on aripiprazole from 15 to 20 and feel like a rockstar :sunglasses:
Have you tried playing or you lost interest?

1 Like

Good luck next time getting her to decrease the dosage @SkinnyMe. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your piano.

2 Likes

I have learned to let go of wanting to reduce meds. I used to be obsessed about it.

Now I will only lower if my pdoc suggests it by herself.

They have insights based on experience that we don’t have. I know this is self-evident but a lot of people on this forum tend to forget.

1 Like

I still have interest and I still practice. I’m like 95% sure it’s the meds that are adversely affecting my playing. Risperdal is known for that @A_B_C .

2 Likes

I am and thank you @eighteyedspy23 .

1 Like

I’m very glad you realize that @Jonathan2.

I’m very blessed that in my particular case, my pdoc is open to my suggestion to lowering the dosages of my meds. Probably because I’m on so many AP’s (four), first of all. And second, because I am getting older (I’m 62), and therefore shouldn’t need as much medication anymore.

3 Likes

Four ap’s ?! What are the other three ? (Beside risperdal)

1 Like

Geodon, Seroquel and risperidone oral.

Hi @eighteyedspy23
Did you find your cat?
Did she come back to you guys?

2 Likes

congrats on feeling better enough to lower meds
hope your next visit goes the way you want with the dosage decrease

1 Like

Thankyou @yoda123.

1 Like

Yes, my baby boy came back a little past midnight Monday morning @Wave . So happy. He was gone for about 48 hours. We were so worried.
We think he got caught in a neighbors shed.

3 Likes

Oh thank goodness
I’m so happy for you guys!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.