I saw my pdoc today and he refused

to lower or taper my dose of Risperdal Consta down at all. He said that it is too important of a medication for me and that none of the other meds are strong enough. He said he was too concerned about me going psychotic again or my mood being adversely affected. And he said the psychosis or mood change might not be reversible. He said he was sorry about the medication’s effect upon my piano performance but that there was nothing he could do about it and that he thought my mental health was more important.

Darn it! I really thought that three and a half years of remission was enough time to lower it. I fear he’ll never lower it.

3 Likes

Maybe he feels that you are doing well because the medication is working. At any rate, it stinks you can’t do what you love doing. I know what that is about. :frowning:

2 Likes

I know you are disappointed @SkinnyMe . But I think your Pdoc is doing the right thing. I heard the side effects from Risperidol will mitigate after taking it more than 5 years.

2 Likes

I’ve been taking Risperdal Consta for twelve years now. I’ve been taking some form or other of risperidone for the last 25 years on and off.

1 Like

wow, that was long enough. I’m sorry you still suffer from the side effects of Risperdal.

1 Like