My doctor lowered

my dose of Risperdal Consta from 37.5 mg to 25 mg every two weeks today. She will see how I do on that on the 20th of December and if it goes well, she will lower it more to 12.5 mg.

The thing is, I only got 5 hours of sleep the night before last and yesterday I was very paranoid, presumably because of lack of sleep. I accused my best friend of stealing “thousands of dollars” from me, of being a scammer, a thief, a drug addict, a feigner of MI, a phoney, cheat and liar, etc, etc…

I was firmly convinced of all this last night. Now, after 11 hours of sleep, I’m not as convinced anymore.

I hope I do well on the dose decrease. I’m decreasing in the hope that it will improve my piano playing. My doctor knows this.

1 Like

Good luck @SkinnyMe I hope the reduction goes as planned!

1 Like

Just be careful @SkinnyMe.
Good luck with the reduction!

1 Like

Don’t know if you’re a fan of Harold Budd @SkinnyMe, but here’s a song with some nice piano for you! I just listened to it and thought of you.

1 Like

Good luck @SkinnyMe
But do you think it’s wise to lower your Risperdal dose drastically just so you can improve your piano playing?
This doesn’t make sense to me.
It’s very risky

2 Likes

Piano is THAT important to me @Wave.

3 Likes

Yes I understand @SkinnyMe
We’ll best of luck and it’s expected to run into some bumps in the road as you slowly adjust to the lower doses.

Best of luck

3 Likes

I hope it all works out. My dr wants to increase my Haldol from 15 to 20 mg. But I said no because it’s so hard to function already on 15 mg

1 Like

I completely understand this.

2 Likes

Just let it take the time it takes.
I wish you the very best.
Greeting’s from Europe.

1 Like