Risperdal doses - How high did you go?

I’m currently at 5mg of Risperdal.
I find this to be a hefty dose.

If you were ever on Risperdal or if you are currently on Risperdal, which was the highest dose you’ve been on Risperdal?

3 mg a day. I also was on the Consta shot, but I forget the dose.

2 Likes

I was on a low dose in January 2018 I think. Maybe just 2mg. Now I take the max dose of Invega Sustenna.

2 Likes

i’m on 50mg every 2 weeks of risperdal consta

1 Like

16mg risperidone.
Didn’t work

3 Likes

That’s criminal 15444

2 Likes

3mg… I think the average person takes 4mg

1 Like

I increased from 3mg to 6mg because of aggression and irritability issues. No more anger issues now on 6mg risperdal. I think the max dose is 8mg?

2 Likes

My shrink told me that 3mg is the average dose. Two at night and one during the day. Im on 2mg at the moment.

1 Like

My pdoc increased it to 5mg from 4mg for mood stabilization

1 Like

25 shot, which is 1-2 mg oral

1 Like

I can’t remember the dose I was on. It was a long time ago.

1 Like

I think it was just 0.5 mg but I still got more tired and it stimulated weight gain. It was to treat hypothetised OCD symptoms. I quit after less than a month.

-Albert.

1 Like

My highest dose of oral Risperdal was 8 mg.
Highest dose of Risperdal Consta injection was 37.5 mg.
I’m currently on 25 mg Risperdal Consta shots. But I’m on two other AP’s in addition.

1 Like

Im on 8mg ggggfffeva

1 Like

Highest I’ve done is 3mg, but it gives too bad sideeffects to use daily.
Doc and I found common ground, as I did 1mg for a while without telling him and had breakthrough symptoms.
We settled on 2mg.
I’m not happy with the restless lack of energy, but it keeps the sz symtoms away somewhat.

1 Like

I’ve been on 16 mg. Of Risperidone for one year in 1996.!I’ll never touch that drug again coz it ruined my brain and libido.

1 Like

4mg, very effectiv.

1 Like

Was on 5 mg. Was briefly on 6 at the psych ward place, but complained about the zombification effect and got it lowered. Am now on 15 Olanzapine.

It really frustrates me that I was put on risperdal first and I really wish I had had the opportunity of a trial of a dopamine partial agonist AP, as I think the risperdal ruined my brain and now my brain will only accept “hard hitting dopamine antagonist. “
So no abilify or vraylar for me, likely.

From searching the experiences of some of these forum members seems like once you’re on a hard antagonist you are then stuck. But I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

It wasn’t the case for me. I switched from Olanzapine to Abilify no issues and Olanzapine is supposed to be a heavier ap than risperdal. I also tried Abilify with Risperdal. I had to quit Abilify after 8yrs of being on it because it induced mania/addictions.

1 Like