Resting sad face

I went to an apprenticeship interview today. She agreed to hire me, but said first order of business will be teaching me to smile more.
She said I have a great smile, but when my face rests, I look sad.
I asked my friend about this and he said it was true.

I guess resting sad face is better than resting b*tch face?

What’s your resting face?

4 Likes

Awe. Don’t worry about that stuff. It does take a bit to smile but getting a job is more important. I can look a bit pensive sometimes. I am not really a smile type person because I’m conscious of my bad teeth!

More importantly…what was the apprenticeship and well done to you!

3 Likes

It’s at a store called Flying Tiger, they sell all sorts of nick-nacks.
Coffee mugs, sweets, chargers, party items, etc.

It’s a store known for its good costumer service, and the lady kept stressing how important it is to send a good message to the costumers and give them a good experience.

I start on November 1st :smiley:

6 Likes

It’s hard to smile sometimes. All I know is that I have resting double chin face. :blush:

Yay @Pikasaur. You should be really proud of yourself and don’t stress. Get in there and do your best and it’s all good. Smiling will come with some good interactions.

Well done to you and so happy for you! Flying Tiger sounds a good name for a store! Have some fun!

2 Likes

I’m sorry Nova (maybe I am manic today), I didn’t mean to make light of a serious topic of conversation. I think it is absolutely fabulous that you have been offered this job and know that you will do well. You are a highly intelligent person and will adapt really quickly. You’re smile will return the more interaction you have with customers and the more your confidence will grow. Maybe your friend doesn’t bring out the smile in you that other people would.

1 Like

Sometimes antipsychotics can cause facial expressionlessness. When I don’t smile I look sad too.

1 Like

My ASD assessment report said my normal facial expression was not happy or sad,but resting.

You get used to keeping a cheerful face the more you work on it. When I was a waiter and worked weddings I had to keep a cheerful attitude, and I learned it can be fun to kind of fake a positive attitude, kind of like how pilots read the takeoff notes in a funny voice when you are on the plane.

2 Likes

Lol, I’m constantly being asked by co-workers “what’s wrong?” So, my resting face is stressed and worried.

Yes, congratulations on the apprenticeship! I work in education and it’s very important that I smile at my students who are special-needs. It’s not hard to smile at them, but I also have worked on smiling at everyone at work so that I give off a positive attitude.

1 Like

I only have one face. I’m not sure. It’s just my face. My laugh embarrasses me when I see it in a mirror. Only a legit laugh though. It looks weird.

Congratulations sweetie! I have a resting sad face too but it perks right up when I interact with customers or clients. I’m sure yours will too.

1 Like

Sometimes it is hard for me to smile at the right times because since becoming unwell I barely feel any emotion at all.

I have the B face. People always ask me what is wrong. Maybe you can think as much happy stuff as possible, sometimes that practice gives me a slight smile. Then no questions!

Congratulations on the apprenticeship! :slight_smile:

Apparently my default expression is one of either sadness or anger. My old manager would often comment on my inability to maintain a smile - like sorry, I’m clinically depressed lol, I can’t help it.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Pikasaur!

1 Like

Congrats on the job!

I have resting smug face. Been called “smug” before, when I wasn’t even thinking of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.