Quetiapine and hunger

Hi,

I just started quetiapine 3 days ago and today is the first day the hunger has kicked in. I can’t stop eating all I want to do is eat and my stomach feels like it’s going to explode. I am only on 25mg as my psychiatrist is gradually increasing my dose. Has anyone else been like this on it.

When I first started; I was shoveling food into my mouth.

I don’t take Seroquel for that reason, as well as others.

2 Likes

What meds hadn’t caused you this much hunger if it’s okay with me asking. I couldn’t deal with gaining weight it has always been an issue for me.

I was like yhat on invega, im on abilify now and i dont have hunger

1 Like

I woke up at like two am and raided the fridge every night when I was on 600 mg seroquel years ago.

1 Like

Yes i got the worst weight gain on seroquel. I weighed 230 lbs from 180. Now im on latuda and im at 190.

1 Like

Strange - Been on the stuff for years, and never got the munchies on it. I wish it did - then i wouldnt have had to resort to weed to stuff my face. Im constantly battling to keep the ruddy weight on!

2 Likes

Im having quite a lot of side effects on it. I’ve been having really bad vivid dreams aswell

1 Like

Yeah i hear you - i know quite alot of people in my MH circle that cant tolerate the stuff too, people i know get restless legs on the stuff, but for me 300mg suits me.

1 Like

Yeah I get the leg thing too. I have been on it once before about the same dose as you and I had to come off it and I haven’t been on anything since and wasn’t coping. I don’t know why they tried me on it again.

1 Like

The first 6 years on seroquel I liked to eat lots of sweets and fat. I gained 2 stones in that period. The last two years I’ve been dieting and have lost the two stones I gained but unfortunately not on the stomach where I gained the most fat.

1 Like

I used to call quetiapine and olanzapine as the “fatass” tablet it made me sooo damn hungry

Yes. It was awful. I never felt satiated no matter what. I gained 90 pounds in one year on that stupid drug. I’m on Haldol now, exercising and counting calories and I’ve lost just under 100 pounds. Yay!