QAnon Shaman diagnosed with Schizophrenia

Defense lawyer Albert Watkins said that officials at the federal Bureau of Prisons, or BOP, have diagnosed his client Jacob Chansley with transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety

5 Likes

“Transient schizophrenia”…?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

1 Like

yeah, I don’t know what that means either, it’s not one of the 5 subtypes in the DSM IV and I don’t recall reading about it in the DSM V. But whatever it is, it is some kind of schizophrenia, apparently.

2 Likes

I was wondering about that too.

1 Like

I don’t think that being a prick and a subversive qualify as mental disorders.

7 Likes

I suppose he meant a conveniently brief psychotic disorder.

2 Likes

Not that type of sz common among transients?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be schizoaffective anyway? I don’t think you can have schizophrenia and bipolar without calling it schizoaffective

1 Like

A shaman with sz?

1 Like

Transient schizophrenia? X2

I’m really confused by this diagnosis profile

1 Like

8 Likes

Nobody sane wears a Chewbacca bikini in public. Like it wasn’t obvious.

5 Likes

Transient schizophrenia?!?!

That’s a crock of bull shitt.

Anything to get off!

2 Likes

People who have a successful plea of NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity) often find that their time spent in high-security state facilities have a harder time than they would have in prison, and are frequently treated longer than serving a sentence would be. There is no expiration date on an NGRI sentence as there is in the penal system. If he is expecting to “get off” he either needs new counsel, or is disregarding their advice. More likely situation is he is not trying to “get off” but is genuinely incapacitated or can’t assist in his own defense and a hospital is the proper place for him. NGRI is not the cake walk people think it is.

1 Like

Then his lawyers gave him bad advice

Remember that the attorney didn’t diagnose him, the defendant didn’t diagnose himself, some expert who was either paid or appointed by the court came to these diagnoses. No doubt, the prosecution will have him examined by experts of their own. I think every attorney is well aware of the pitfalls of NGRI, and that plea may have been entered on his behalf, as is often the case with mentally ill defendants.

1 Like

I’m sorry @anon40540444 he’s definitely a right wing nut job but transient schizophrenia?

I highly doubt it.

1 Like

His and your political leanings aside, he has a history of mental illness, and a simple and cursory observation of his behavior and speech lend itself towards the presence of at least a thought disorder. You’ve already tried, convicted, and sentenced him. If what he’s charged with is borne out, then he deserves whatever punishment the law allows. If he’s found NGRI, he should be treated as is our duty as a society. I don’t agree with what his actions appear to have been either, but he does deserve fair treatment.

Where my ancestors came from, and as they said “If the government says you’re guilty and you’re dead to rights, you’re not.” They suffered under Soviet oppression.

1 Like

Ahem. Chewbacca bikini.

Dude is whack-a-doodle-do.

1 Like