If you don't mind me asking

Do you guys think I really have schizophrenia? I’m not sure if I do or don’t. I’ve been diagnosed both schizoaffective and schizophrenia. I take the meds but I worry if they are really necessary. I’m taking cheaper ones so it doesn’t matter if I take them though. I not having sexual issues and my blood sugar is good.

Keep taking the meds. I don’t really know your whole story but most folk who end up here do so because they belong here.

You’ve a lot going on from recent postings. Stress really does increase symptoms and take you out of your normal mind set.

So. I don’t have a problem with you being here and I think most would say the same!

4 Likes

I was first diagnosed schizoaffective but in 2008 I came out of involuntary hospital admission ordered by a judge with a diagnosis of schizophrenia. I get weird when I don’t take the meds though. Maybe I’m just not sure what reality is.

I would add the judge found me not guilty due to mental illness back in 2008. I was in trouble for domestic violence. I think I can believe the judge knows what he’s doing.

I didn’t physically hurt anyone. I did vandalize my mom’s car. She claimed that I kicked it when I actually threw her walker at it then took it to back to her.

I was verbally abusive though to an elderly person.

It’s good that the police got me out of that situation. I actually like the police and don’t mind them. They were just doing their job when they took me out of my mom’s house.

I had some positive experiences with the police when I was a kid. They arrested a man who was touching me when I was a kid, but I really don’t want to get into that.

Hey mate. I have felt exactly the same way and then gone off my meds only to find out the hard way that I need them. I would take my advice and stay on them.

Other thing I would say is that it’s not very easy to be found not guilty on the grounds of mental illness if you are faking it. I don’t think that happens very often.

1 Like

Thanks. I opted for a bench trial by the judge on advice of my public defender.

There was a woman who wanted to talk about being sexually abused when she was a kid in therapy group. I applaud her for sharing that. The room was quiet except for me and I just told her I knew what it felt like. For some reason kids who were abused feel like they did something to cause it. I just told her it’s not her fault.

I was raised by a single mom and didn’t have a dad to take me into the men’s locker room when I was a kid. A lot of the men were familiar with me there and kept an eye on me. I don’t know who the man was who called the police. He saw what was going on though and told the man to leave me alone. It wasn’t my mom or sister who called the police.

1 Like

Wow, I’m so sorry you had to go through that.
Abuse is NEVER the victims fault. Never.

I applaud you for being able to share this. My heart goes out to you :slight_smile: slight_smile:

1 Like

Thinking not having schizophrenia while having a schizophrenia is a symptoms of a delusion from my expetience

1 Like

An interesting thing is I served as a juror on the trial of a man who raped a boy. I don’t know about the other jurors but I believed him. There were two men including myself and ten women jurors. The other man voted guilty and nine of the ten women voted guilty. One woman didn’t believe him. I remained silent and let the other women talk to her. She was 18 and just registered to vote. She finally agreed to vote guilty but we were in the room for something like three hours.

I was seven years old when it happened to me. People don’t want to hear about that though.

Sounds like you regonize the schizophrenia but not know what reality is. Tbh it will come to you. When your positive symptoms happens that means your brain is healing. How do i know this? Well ive been on risperdal 4mg for 8 years. During the 8 years i have getting off medication. I told my self. If these medication is suppose to help. Then why am i not feeling better. So my plan was to get of medication every 4 months of the year. Ive been feeling better since then. I could tell you more.

1 Like

I just saw a closed thread are you abusing disability benefits? I worry about that someone will say I don’t have Sz and am doing this.

I think you should take your meds, don’t listen to people telling you the wrong thing

@Noop_12 stop telling him meds are bad

1 Like

I know. But i told him “people are diffrent”.

It’s okay @Ducky. I’m taking my meds now. I don’t want to get in trouble with the police again.

2 Likes

I said in another post I like the police, and don’t want to put them in the position of having to take action on me again. My mom died and there’s no place for me to go now now that I’m alone. My dad is dead too.

I go through same thing, its like a trick my brain plays on me telling me im not sick just dependant on meds. Its never true though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.