Ptsd triggers

Really bad. I spent a few days away from my house (abusive ex lives here) and the first night was so rough I barely slept. Had severe chest pains for 12 hours nearly went to the er but it went away. Severe anxiety worse I’ve ever had. Now I’m home and when I saw the hole in the door where she punched I started dissociating and thinking I’m dead. I need out of here I’m going crazy

2 Likes

Yeah. Environmental cues have a lot to do with my state of comfort.

2 Likes

If it’s as bad as it sounds, yeah you really should be getting yourself out of there for a while. You won’t be able to wrap your head around the big picture of what you need to do under that kind of stress

1 Like

I’m in constant fear of her freaking out again and she keeps telling me I’m the abusive one. I went no contact with her but that’s hard when you share bills

1 Like

■■■■ that’s a tough spot. No wonder you’re on edge. Is there anyone you know that you could split a place with, to help with the bills?

Just a thought. Probably hard to make an exit plan, under so much stress

1 Like

I do have a place lined up but I need to find a sublease for my current place first though I do have a plan that’s in motion.

2 Likes

I hope you find someone to replace you there soon. That’s no way to live

1 Like

Have you looked into your local domestic violence shelter? They have volunteers who can help you extricate yourself from joint bills and legal contracts, and might be able to help you get temporary housing so you don’t have to stay in the place you were abused. As a TW, a lot of them use very gendered language and are filled with people used to talking to women abused by men, who might not be familiar with gender-inclusive language. A lot of them have “women” in their name. But they can still help with the technical details you are struggling with right now.

2 Likes

I’ve been working with a friend that is very knowledgeable on what to do . I don’t want tk say too much on a public forum until it’s been processed however.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.