Psychosis is scary but even more scary is

…forgetting you have sza and feeling like you want to stop treatment because you’re well . Like you’re supposed to enjoy being well but can’t reconcile it with having to take meds or having sza

I feel sad that I can’t always enjoy being well. I miss the excitement of psychosis and the company of the spirits and the power I felt, but I don’t miss the distress.

Maybe I should …ahhh I don’t know…drive fast and get my adrenaline up lol!

8 Likes

That’s a common mistake, so you’re not alone in feeling that. But it’s a mistake nonetheless !

6 Likes

I’m a lifer. We used to have a member with that name. I wonder what happened to him.

1 Like

I hear you mate. The shocker comes when all your “theories” and beliefs turn out to be a load of old delusional bollox cos you wasnt medicated properly.

3 Likes

Im pretty much recovered although my reputation is ruined but so what and im on a low dose lamictal doing spectacular.

Why was that flagged lol i was being honest. ?

Read the rules please:

ONLY ALLOWED IN A RECOVERY-BASED CONTEXT

DON’T POST WHILE INTOXICATED/POSTS ABOUT DRUGS/ALCOHOL

We ask that you only post when you are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Additionally, discussions of drug and alcohol abuse that is not recovery oriented, is not allowed in these forums. Research shows that drug and alcohol abuse greatly reduce people’s ability to recover from mental illness and we are a recovery-oriented website.

Drugs like ketamine and marijuana, that have potential medicinal use as well as the potential to be abused, can only be discussed for their legal medicinal uses.

1 Like

Im not intoxicated . It was an anti drug story i dont believe drugs are good for mental health. You misunderstood. Possibly i worded it wrong. Im logging out. Im bored im going to wikipedia weird stuff. Peace :v:

I wasnt even the one that flagged you, but I agree with flagging. I don’t think both mods are wrong.

No discussion of drugs and alcohol except in a recovery context. Talking about how you stay up and drink beer is not compliant with a recovery context.

Anyway…another rule is that if you disagree with a mods call to pm a mod about the disagreement, to not start an argument on the public forum. So I wont argue with you further.

2 Likes

Do you have any hobbies you’re passionate about? Those really help.

1 Like

post now deleted.

Yes, its a catch 22, “recovery from sz” is a joke, you have to take medication for life. I would like to call myself recovered, but its more of psychotic free time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.