Pros and autism

1 Like

My nephew is on the autism spectrum. He also just graduated with Honors from 4 years of Film Study at University.

Not sure, but I believe he also has a photographic memory.

1 Like

It sounds like a pretty naive opinion to me. I doubt in reality it is anything like that.

At my previous trust mine were stuck at the ‘I know everything’ stage . It took moving to be taken seriously.The opinion is very far from naive.

1 Like

Add being female to the mix. For high functioning autism (previously known as Aspergers Syndrome) it gets even more complicated.

One of the reasons for that is reckoned to be that females are better at camouflaging/masking.

1 Like

That’s true. And autistic girls in general have fewer repetitive behaviors and eccentric special interests. A lot of young women with Aspergers are misdiagnosed as borderline personality, and older women who are correctly diagnosed are so only after they have children who are diagnosed and they get to wondering about themselves.

I’ve seen a lot of articles where mothers talk about having got the dx after their children were diagnosed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.