Problems with my elder dog

So i think he is around 16 years old, he takes heart medication and we had to remove his testicles to enlarged prostate. He started recently to pass urine while sleeping and drinking a lot of water, me and my mom are taking him to the vet today or tomorrow. We couldnt figure oht where the stench was coming out, but now we know

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your dog. My dog is still relatively young. Probably about 25 or 30 in dog years(if that measure is at all accurate). So hopefully she has another 10 years(in actual years) or more yet. Dogs age too fast for my taste and it really sucks when they lose control of their functions.

1 Like

16 (earth years) is pretty old for a dog. Its more like 80 years old (for a human).
If its a small dog even older.

Sorry your pooch isnt doing too well @Newlyborn . I’m not sure what the vet will say.

1 Like

My dog is 4 and a half I think. Another 10 years might be possible. I dont know. My dog is medium sized, but a little fat atm.

They used to say 7 years for every 1…but like I said, I’m not sure how accurate that is. 16 x 7 = 112

1 Like

It might be just an infection as he doesnt release everything in one go. Isn’t dog 1 year equals to 7 humans?

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/how-to-calculate-dog-years-to-human-years/#:~:text=As%20a%20general%20guideline%2C%20though,five%20years%20for%20a%20dog.

1 Like

We had a lot of dogs in our lifetime like 6? And also 6 puppies that given away. My dog has been through a lot and even he’s very old, his spirit is young

1 Like

Been doing a bit of research on dog life expectancy. Found this list:

from this website:

Based on this chart my dog likely only has 7 or 8 more years if my recollection of her age is correct. With her weight problems, maybe less :frowning: . Really need to trim her up. Seems like we just got her.

1 Like

It’s tough when pets age for sure. My cat is 79 in human years.

2 Likes

I want my dog to outlive me, just like I want my parents to. :frowning: . Neither is probably realistic, though.

2 Likes

I was in the 3rd or 4th grade when the mixed breed dog we had died. That dog had been around ever since I can remember. My dad got him before my dad disappeared and I was born. Our dog died of cancer. He killed the poisonous snake when I was a toddler and too close to the snake. I’m still afraid of snakes now.

1 Like

Asked my dad this morning. We are thinking my dog is 3 1/2 not 4 1/2. We have the papers somewhere around here…

1 Like

Could be either an infection or maybe diabetes? No idea lol. My dog is 8 almost 9 and showing a lot of signs of aging. About to have one of her teeth removed during her cleaning because its literally so loose its sideways. She is a dachshund and sometimes her back gets injured and when this happens she starts pooping in her sleep or without warning. I hate getting old for all beings :unamused:

I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully the vet can figure out why that’s happening. When I had my cat, she began to urinate while sleeping and drink lots of water. Turned out she became diabetic. They gave us medicine for her but she was really really old and sick with other serious issues. Mainly congestive heart failure. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious and the vet has a solution to make him more comfortable.

Be sure to give him lots of pets from this internet stranger! And please keep us posted.

That dog was pretty smart to kill the snake. My grandmother saw it obviously so she must have sent the dog though.

Hopefully your dog will be okay.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.