“Preppers” are strange to me

First off I’m not condemning this sort of behavior. If someone wants to do what they want i don’t care but its a little strange. But u know what type of people I’m talking about. Multiple guns, lots of weapons always talking about nuclear war and zombie apocalypses. It doesn’t make sense to me. If we nuke our planet there won’t be any point in all these guns these people are buying for the nuclear apocolypse. Like y do u need all that stuff. I had a friend who was a “prepper.” And it was odd how he bought guns and swords but didn’t have a single case of water or canned food. He’d always quote fallout the video game like thats what will happen. Maybe they just want to kill people before the apocalypse and the “end of days” is just the mask trying to cover up their weird violent fetishes. Idk. Its odd. But if thats what some people want to do then whatever.

1 Like

Well…:thinking:

…you’ll gasp at what the military cultures do. They put on pants and use two eyes the same way as the people you’re mentioning.

Here’s the thing. When you see in your environment, and you can extrapolate vividly, what isn’t so infrequent about earth, then you’ll behave differently according to that kind of logic than you would if you it is your environment or can’t extrapolate vividly enough.

All of the military branches and law enforcement etc with all stockpiles, training, research, strategic locations, practice drills in the airs, sea, land, underground, space, cyberspace…et cetera…et cetera…were all begun by human peppers at some point. The people that succeed the best at this “all potential dangers and weak points” perception do the best in these outfits, and they wind up becoming the longest lasting groups.

In fact you and your family and kind where you are the subsequent effect of what this kind of “preparation” culture does as a lifestyle and a necessity. So am I.

How many genocides, natural disasters, disease pandemics, mass starvation, and wars have there been throughout the world in just the past 200 years. More than you think. These things have been happening in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East as recently as today back to the 60’s. Prior to that it was happening in Europe and the USA. History is loaded with these events whether tribal, broad based national, or broader based regionally and imperially.

What your buddy is doing is no different than someone digging a cellar in a place where tornadoes are common. What happens in regards to what I’m mentioning are not only an element like any other elements we have to guard from such as disease, hurricanes, freezing, heat stroke etc, but it will happen as certain as you are about the next storm.

The logic your buddy uses is little more logical than wearing a seat belt or a pawnshop owner carrying six shotguns under the counter for the workers or learning how to grow a garden and power the house naturally.

What do you think about it now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

impressive.1515

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.