Popular musicians/bands you dislike

I dislike Muse and Billy Joel. No rhyme or reason for it, I just dislike their sounds. I know a lot of people love Billy Joel, but I didn’t grow up with his music and find it kind of obnoxious lol. How about you? Any popular musicians and/or bands you dislike? This thread is meant to be silly and lighthearted

2 Likes

Just Madonna … :joy:

3 Likes

When I was a teenager, Linkin Park was crazy popular.

Never liked them.

Came off super whiny to me.

4 Likes

Bono. Guy can be shot into the ducking sun.

4 Likes

Madonna, that’s a good one :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve gotten over it, but I used to hate the Rolling Stones. Mick Jagger is just too much for me, LOL.

It wasn’t until I heard the song, Wild Horses that I began to pay attention. Now I like most of their stuff, though I never have bought an album of theirs

2 Likes

Another musician I don’t care for, and have admittedly not listened to much of his stuff, is Bob Dylan. I know he’s a counterculture icon, but I just can’t get over his “unique” voice. Idk, sounds like he’s off-key.

2 Likes

From the top of my head I cannot relate to Justin Bieber’s music. In particular the lyrics.

2 Likes

@Tulane I can see that. Bob Dylan is definitely an acquired taste. I consider him much more of a songwriter, then a Performing Artist. People have redone his songs much better that he did on his own

1 Like

The worst song of all time is ‘Hey there, Delilah’ by the Plain White Tees.

Bieber rivals there moaning sound with ‘Alone’.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know a Justin Bieber song If you hit me over the head with it LOL

So much this. I mean, I respect him for influencing so many musicians, but his own personal performances just aren’t that good, in my opinion. I’m sure I’m in the minority on this lol

1 Like

I suppose I can sort of relate to this one though.

But not sure about any of his other songs.

1 Like

It’s not just one band, but I absolutely loathe the Glam Rock hair bands of the 1980s. Ugh , I can’t take it !!

4 Likes

most of all the classic rock, the beatles, allman brothers my friend jeff was big into and i never liked them. the eagles, guns and roses a more modern choice.

2 Likes

I can’t stand Led Zeppelin ! I like most other classic rock bands though

I think it was Justin Timberlake who discovered Bieber off of YouTube.

That’s great. Billie Eilish is a similar story I think too. And her bro is enlisted to help her which I like. I like her tunes outright.

I liked the heart thing Bieber would do with his hands. But he’s going to be irrelevant if he keeps talking about himself in his music, it’s a big downer. He’s right we are all lonely.
You could say he’s not but many will misunderstand him for it now.

I think I know ‘Baby’ and I agree… uplifting and repetitive but still good!

1 Like

@Lifer I am a lover of classic rock, but you’re right on the money about Guns N Roses. Axl Rose just gets under my skin. Can’t stand it

1 Like

I know what you mean visibly their videos make me dislike myself for liking there audio so much. It’s just nostalgia for me, it’s my childhood driving in the car going to buy a pack of garbage pail kids cards!

Can’t really knock that.

1 Like

Everyone after 1990.

2 Likes