POLL: would you choose not to have schizophrenia?

Some people are just addicted to being mentally ill. They enjoy the delusions, psychosis, voices, etc even though they are suffering from them. It’s like self-defeatism or sabotage.

Personally, schizophrenia is hell on Earth for me. It destroyed my life. Ruined everything. I didn’t know peopel could suffer like this.

4 Likes

When I was first diagnosed I enjoyed some parts of psychosis like a trip.

I didn´t take medication for two weeks because I wanted to experience it again.

But my experience with addictions is not good.

1 Like

Yeah I mean If I could choose i would choose to have my life ruined. That really makes alot of sense.

1 Like

I sometimes feel I am psychic and can hear things from parallel universes, I’m immortal, I’m a time traveler, etc. Those things I enjoy. But I hate not being able to work, not going to school, being overweight, self sabotage with energy drinks and cigarettes, and having no motivation.

I don’t hear voices or see things. But I Had severe DP/DR which affected my vision and made me think I was in hell. I suffered so much but years later it reduced so I mostly don’t question reality and I mostly think and accept reality is real.

1 Like

If I didn’t have sz,I would be listening Beyonce instead of Portishead right now.Now you tell who is sane …

1 Like

John Nash was sz.Nobel prize.
Ernest Hemingway bipolar.Nobel prize.
Van Gogh both.Best painter.
Beyonce?

Did you change your music taste before/after sz?

I realized I always was strange.But also always had taste.

1 Like

No, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me, right after crack addiction, two cancer scares, a four hour operation to pull out four wisdom teeth, and the time I got jumped and beaten up by three cowboys.

2 Likes

Football players, or actual cowboys?

I felt so much immortal during psychosis that I committed suicide with Tylenol, was close to die from liver failure Drs in the emergency said.

Hey Aziz, i almost died from minocycline because thats the only med that cures me after 3 days i mean yeah rock and roll no psychosis and depression but it almost killed me 4 years ago :frowning:

Who wants this disease?

2 Likes

When I was working through my first episode, at some point I thought I could choose to think of my voices as subjects of some kind or as hallucinations part of schizophrenia. I preferred the latter and sought treatment. Best choice ever.

Actual cowboys I assume. They were standing in front of a country western bar dressed like cowboys with cowboy hats. I had two friends with me, we were all 17. They were 19 or 20 years old.

1 Like

I’m sorry. People shouldn’t beat each other up.

I can’t believe even that many people would choose to have it. It would be wonderful to not have to take AP’s.

2 Likes

If I hadn’t gotten sick I would be making about $25,000 a month right now.

1 Like

Well, it shook me up a little but if you consider the atrocities that ISIS commits (and posts online) and the fact that this COVID-19 is running rampant and all the worse things going on in the world it was pretty small incident. It did feel good to get in a few punches of my own though.

1 Like

I would choose not to have it. I mean I can learn life experience some other way doesn’t need to be szc/psychosis

1 Like

Ive lost 4 years of my life so far, kinda