Poll: What was your longest relationship?

• Never had one
  • Less than 6 months
  • 6 months to a year
  • 1-2 years
  • 2-4 years
  • 4-6 years
  • 6-8 years
  • 8-10 years
  • Longer than 10 years

0 voters

2 Likes

My high school sweetheart was not even real dating or relationship :thinking:
We were together :thinking: from 14 - 18 when I dumped him and left the country. I saw a few guys on and off never liked or cared for anyone.

:thinking: Now since 2011,once he stayed in hospital during my relapse :flushed:

3 Likes

all together the time of my marriage was around seven yearsā€¦we were officially married only six years.

5 Likes

My first marriage (and relationship) lasted 25 years. It ended amicably in 2013.
My second marriage (and relationship) is going on 4 years now.

Do I get any points for any of this?
I feel I should.
:nerd_face::smiley_cat:

6 Likes

That is amazing :flushed:

I am happy for you

1 Like

I was married to my ex wife for 7 years but was in a relationship with her for like 2 years before marriage.
I wish her well but glad that itā€™s over.

5 Likes

Hmm Serious relationship or more of an affair. I ended up playing doctors and nurses since I was nine with the girl up the road. It was going on till I was like 17. Longest serious relationship was like 3 years. Not sure Iā€™m even capable of a relationship to be honest to many issues with my mother. Which has totally screwed me up with women.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been with 4 women. I basically jumped from the first, to the second, to the third leaving each one for the next. The third one I dated for about 3 months which sadly was my longest relationship. She ended up dumping me because of her ex not letting her see her child because of me, which was a lousy excuse to dump me. She ended up wanting to see me again less than year later but I avoided her.

3 Likes

27 years ā€¦ so far.

2 Likes

About one year really .in person.

In another way
My longest romantic relationship was with Anders I think.
We broke up but kept contact.
I am sorry for our wrong doing to each other .
I was not feeling like myself and used to binge drink etc and I was psychotic and we did not have sexual awesomeness n kisses but he was my best friend and gave great cuddles and was lovely to be with.He was sacred to me and perhaps always will be.
We were not a couple for long though.
My time frame is strange but perhaps a year of less.
After that he visited every now and then and occasionally had sex too.

I was with another man for about a year but we were not romantically compatible at all.
He was a nice guy but we were clearly not suited for each other.
Donā€™t know why it dragged on a whole year when we were not right for each other.

My neighbor I had amazing sex with .
Intense orgasms that made me cry and our hearts clicked.
But apart from getting jiggy we did not get it on so much.
We did not hang out much and I did not feel I could turn to him .
I did not even feel I could turn to Anders when I was psychotic.
His friends hated me.
My current boyfriends friends do too I think and his family I think.
I hope me and all my xz have forgiven each other.

I think wrapped up my longest romantic relationship may of been one year.

I think I have been with my current boyfriend for 9 months or so.
We hope to move in with each other officially in August.

I love him and love living with him.

I think we could spend the rest of our lives together.

But Iā€™m do not like being around most of his family and friends.
I have felt attacked by them and hated by them for no reason I can think of other than jealousy.

I do not want to be around some of them.ever.
Feel uncomfortable n aweful.
Specially after how they treated me.

See if our relationship can stand through it.
It has so far.
I thought they would drive me away with all their hate and attacks but I love :heart:ļø him.

i wish my xz well.:two_hearts::ghost::pray:t3::v:t2:

2 Likes

I really tried often to get a relationship but it never really worked. When I was a teen, I was having serious problems with my self confidence and I was having social anxiety, so having a relationship was almost impossible. But while growing up, I was fighting these problems successfully. I was able to control my anxiety. But then I became sick for 12 years so during all this time I couldnā€™t have a relationship. Now since Iā€™m taking the antipsychotic, Iā€™m healthy again, but it seems the antipsychotic made me lost totally the ability to control my anxiety, so now, I often feel social anxiety just like when I was very young and because of that it would be really difficult for me to have a relationship. I feel really sad about that and I worry a lot.

2 Likes

2 and a half years was my longest relationship. We grew up with each other. After that Iā€™ve had a couple relationships that lasted a year or less. Havenā€™t been in a relationship in years. Thatā€™s okay though. I feel happy for the most part. I do miss that feeling of being special to another though.

2 Likes

Mine was just over 2 years.

2 Likes

I was with my ex husband, on and off, for about sixteen years total. He wasnā€™t abusive the entire time. He mellowed out as he got older. Much older.

3 Likes

I said ā€œnever had oneā€ because the last guy ā€¦ although at the time I thought we were dating ā€¦ I donā€™t think thatā€™s what he thought of it. :confused: I am quite a strange one and he wanted a laugh.

I mean ā€¦ he used to say really nasty things about his exes and laugh and crack jokes about them ā€¦ what makes me different ?

1 Like

you knowā€¦ sometime you need to ā€˜turn a blind eyeā€™ to certain things. Something I do.
If I think clearly about the things that I do or others do or my bf did, I would never be in a relationship.
People are different

2 Likes

Sigh yes but still learned a lot from him.
I couldnā€™t even see he was trying to put me down through his comments. Saying things like ā€œyou need a new wardrobeā€ and ā€œyou need to exerciseā€ and then saying ā€œIā€™m saying it so you can feel happy about yourselfā€ and ā€œI like you as you are but Iā€™m saying it so you are happy with yourselfā€ hmmm he looked really handsome to me but with the goodbye ā€¦ I quickly lost the attraction :roll_eyes: I felt for him though. For a long time.

2 Likes

yeah he is doing something nice telling you -you need a new wardrobe. He cares enough to be frank :unamused:
I buy and decide everything for my partner (clothing wise) and decide which food to make. Nag him everyday to lose weight and go to the gym and some other stuff :joy:

All men talk about their exes, and usually in a bad way. My first bf said I used to beg him to give me drugs :unamused: LOL I never did drugs and my current bf was dumped by some girl, but he had told me that he had caught her cheating with another guy. :joy:

1 Like

Lol ok fair enough but he tracked my phone. So heā€™s a creep stop defending him LOL :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

How did he track your phone? 'through find my friends :unamused:

1 Like