POLL: What type of schizophrenia have you been diagnosed with?

• Simple schizophrenia
  • Catatonic schizophrenia
  • Disorganised schizophrenia
  • Paranoid schizophrenia
  • Undifferentiated schizophrenia
  • Residual schizophrenia

0 voters

2 Likes

Paranoid schizophrenia about six years ago.

1 Like

Paranoid. It has been withdrawn after i recovered a bit and changed to psychotic disorder nos.

1 Like

I was originally diagnosed with schizophrenia paranoia. My current psychiatrist has me diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I have a feeling it is because he wasn’t the one treating me in my early years of the illness.

1 Like

Schizoaffective disorder

1 Like

Undifferentiated schizophrenia. I have symptoms from various subtypes

1 Like

I guess I’m at the other end of undifferentiated; positive and negative symptoms, but only mild paranoia, and no catatonia or disorganisation. Visual hallucinations, but no auditory ones. My so-called delusions are of a religious and metaphysical nature.

1 Like

Schizoaffective disorder

1 Like

Not sure , I’ve had 5 pdocs

2 Likes

Paranoid schizophrenia about 5 years ago.

1 Like

Small as the sample might be, the results so far appear to confirm that paranoid sz constitutes the most common type of sz. Caveats: Paranoid sz are also credited with being more functional than the other types, so it’s likely they are overrepresented in the forum. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

The only symptom I didn’t have was catatonia…

1 Like

Schizoaffective/bipolar type 1 with psychotic features?

1 Like

It was a mistake not including sza in the poll. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I was diagnosed with the more general “schizophrenia” diagnosis under the most recent classification system.

Using older diagnostic criteria, I probably would have qualified for a diagnosis of: residual schizophrenia.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with residual schizophrenia by the VA back in 1998. It’s still in my official records as my diagnosis. I have an additional diagnosis of schizoaffective schizophrenia as well. The sza diagnosis should also be listed in your poll.

1 Like

Schzoaffective bipolar 1

1 Like

sza depressive type

1 Like

Sza depressive type as well.

1 Like

It didn’t say which type. It just said schizophrenia. I don’t know which type but I’m assuming it’s paranoid.

1 Like