Poll: What medical diagnosis do you have?

• Schizophrenia
  • Psychosis
  • Other
  • I don’t know

0 voters

1 Like

Psychosis NOS. Anyone else have that?

4 Likes

First I had psychosis. Then chronic psychosis. Then schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I got diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. I don’t think they use that term anymore

1 Like

Terminally handsome and incurably cool.

13 Likes

I voted “I don’t know” because I looked at my medical records the other day and it says-

Schizophrenia
Schizoaffective* bipolar type
Acute psychosis something or other

Soooo :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Diagnosis: off her rocker and unteachable

7 Likes

Schizoaffective

2 Likes

Schizoaffective disorder bipolar type

1 Like

Really wow I have loose bowels and low self esteem.
Poops
Can’t win em all :smile:

1 Like

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. In my Sanford app it just says schizophrenia.

1 Like

I voted idk
I’ve had several different dx.

Current one thinks it’s stress and anxiety related psychosis.

And autism

1 Like

mild intellectual disabilities
Schizoaffective disorder bipolar type
attachment disorder
severe social anxiety
ASD traits.

1 Like

Schizophrenia, in the past psychotic depression and drug induced psychosis

1 Like

PTSD with short psychotic episodes.

But I think I could tell my story in such a way, that I can make it fit every other diagnosis in the DSM. Except psychopathy…I have too much emotion rather than too little.

2 Likes

You should try EMDR therapy, it’s very good for PTSD

2 Likes

My diagnosis is Paranoid Schizophrenia. Personally I feel very Close to Schizo Affective. If I wanted I easily could claim that disgnosis but I don’t like the meds that treat this codition ( Valproate or Lamictal or Lithium or Tegrstol). So to avoid mood stabilisers I am on high doses of antipsychotics to avoid mood swings.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m on the waiting list for it now! I hope it helps. I’m not sure if they waited to long with it now though…it’s been more than a decade. I myself suspect a large part of what I have now, is brain damage from medication, rather than PTSD.

3 Likes

I. Have. So. Many.

3 Likes

I have had many since my late 20’s. In chronological order
emotionally immature
generalized anxiety disorder
bipolar
generalized anxiety disorder
ADHD
bipolar 1 with psychotic features
schizoaffective bipolar type
bipolar 1 with psychotic features
That is my most recent but since my current pdoc has never seen me manic and only psychotic he says I have a mix of a psychotic disorder and a mood disorder (I will confess that I told him BP because I was hoping to stay off of APs but that didn’t last long) but I function too well for schizophrenia. He sent an order to get me tested by a neuropsychologist this summer to finally nail it down. I call it mentally ill NOS.

4 Likes