POLL: is your time with your therapist mostly beneficial or mostly pointless?

note, this is referring to a therapist, not to your psychiatrist

• mostly beneficial
  • mostly pointless
  • i dont see a therapist

0 voters

When I had a therapist it was all pointless. I guess therapy doesn’t work for my sz negative symptoms. I need a med change.

1 Like

I have an amazing Therapist and have improved so much since seeing her. I have had previous Therapists that were not so good though and definitely a pointless exercise.

1 Like

My last therapist was a PhD psychologist and she was a waste of space.
Literally sat there to kill the time by talking about what’s new on cable tv.

My new and current therapist actually helps me.
She is a pleasure to work with, actually caring for her clients.

What a difference

2 Likes

I find my current therapist basically pointless, I have to see her every couple of months to be able to use the psychiatric services there at mental health. I mean she’s pleasant. I don’t feel bad after talking to her or anything. I just don’t really open up to her.

1 Like

Well right now there isn’t much purpose to our weekly psychotherapy sessions, as I’m not having any problems for the time being. But she is helpful when I have problems.

2 Likes

My company offers therapy through a paid service called Arete. They are actually really good. I have been very pleased with it. All of the sessions are virtual.

3 Likes

All of my time spent with therapists has felt forced and like a racket. I would give therapy another try, but I haven’t had any luck with it yet. I cope fine enough with my pdoc, meds, and coping mechanisms at home.

1 Like

I called and texted a therapist last week, I still didn’t got any answer from him.
I was trying to see if I can fix some issues I have studying and analyse my mistakes in order for the next step in my studies goes trough more smoothly

1 Like

I had a psychologist for a while. It was very helpful. She was the second person to diagnosis me sz (first time was in the hospital), we worked on coming to terms with the fact that I was going to live my life with a serious mental illness

1 Like

My medical provider doesn’t have sufficient pdocs or therapists on staff to meet the mental health needs of their patients. They can only offer therapy every 6 - 8 weeks which is too infrequent to be effective. I have had to rely on a therapist provided through my workplaces’s EAP rather than through my medical provider.

1 Like

My pdoc is also my therapist. She’s a psychiatrist-psychotherapist.

1 Like

Mostly beneficial for me. Even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. My mind usually goes back to a therapy session by memory a few times before something clicks. By the next session, I discuss what the click was.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.