A little bit of stress and I nearly fall apart

I do my best to live a stress free life. So a lot of the time I end up kidding myself that I’m capable of more.

But today I had some external events that stressed me out shortly after I woke up. And for a while I felt I was going to fall apart.

Things have settled down again for a while so I’m ok.

But it really brought home to me that I can never lead a “normal” life. The first requirement for leading a normal life is being able to handle stress.

1 Like

I am with you on that. Stress is such a hard thing to deal with. I am not sure if it can ever really be beaten when you get it so bad. Trouble is that stressors exist everywhere

1 Like

I use to be able to relate as when I was younger I had difficulty dealing with stress over the years it got better and my second relapse and risperidone seems to have killed stress totally.

1 Like

Don’t stress so much. You’re strong. :blush:

3 Likes

I can’t handle stress. Not even a bit of it.
My mind becomes disorganized, I do silly grimaces and faces and gestures. I run, and jump, and shout gibberish and neologisms.
Yes, all this craziness just because of stress.
Pathetic?

1 Like

Life can be very stressful, especially if you can’t learn to cope with it well, like I havn’t. Being alone causes me stress and being with people causes great stress, so there’s like almost no safe place. It’s alot to try to overcome for me. Then, every little stressor gets magnified 10 fold and heaven forbid another major stress comes up. You just hope for the best and depend on the kindness of strangers to get you through.

1 Like

It might be helpful to work with a therapist on distress tolerance. To learn how to better handle stress.

1 Like

When I get stressed I just can’t handle it, it starts a series of events like delusions, anxiety and depression. My OCD acts up as well. I try to stay stress free for my sanity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.