POLL: how often have you suffered from a guilty conscience when psychotic?

• never suffered from a guilty conscience when psychotic
  • seldom
  • moderate amount
  • often
  • very frequently

0 voters

my therapist said it’s very common for folks to suffer from a guilty conscience when psychotic, particularly delusional. i pretended i didn’t suffer from it, but really it has been common for me. i should have just told her i didn’t want to spill every detail of my guilty conscience.

Yes for sure. I was admitting to things I never did or did when a kid. It was a frightening process at the time.

2 Likes

Haters gonna hate.

1 Like

my guilty conscience made me feel like i was in hell when psychotic

What do you mean by guilty conscience?
Doing bad stuff and have no guilt?

Yeah I’ve suffered from a guilty conscious but not for delusional reasons. It’s because the voices like to remind me of everything I did.

1 Like

I feel quite guilty about stuff right now which makes me think I might be becoming unwell.

I have this all of the time almost
And im not currently delusional

One of my main delusions is that I am a demon that sucks the life out of the people near me. I feel incredibly guilty when I am dealing with that one.

2 Likes

Yup. When they start picking on me I feel like the guiltiest, self loathing, critical person alive. Guilty for every breath, every cent it takes to keep me alive.

I have a guilty conscience whether I’m psychotic or not. It just so happens I’m psychotic every day because of my delusional system.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.