POLL: From what class of society do you classify yourself?

From what social class do you classify yourself and your family?

• High class
  • Middle class
  • Low class

0 voters

I see the us as having five classes: High Class, Upper Middle Class, Middle Class, Lower Middle Class, and Lower Class.

5 Likes

The classes are Upper, Middle, Working, and Lower.

Low class is not the correct term and means trashy.

3 Likes

I grew up in the middle of the middle class. Now I have less money, but I have never thought of myself as poor. Rich or poor, life isn’t bad.

Not too many rich people here lol

Upper Middle class

1 Like

Probably lower middle class… I think?

well early on…middle class…then my dad went through med school and we were very poor…I had jobs all through my teen and early teen years always. but I voted middle class in my formative years…

1 Like

Well, even with receiving SSDI and working part time I’m below the poverty line; so lower class. I grew up lower middle class.

I’m on a government pension and haven’t worked for over 15 years. I am lower class but my personal class is high! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am on SSDI and work part time, and I’m on section 8 — I live in a one bedroom apartment and I’m way under the poverty line
It doesn’t matter to me so much, I don’t mind living in an apartment
I have a roof over head a hot shower and a place to sleep.

2 Likes

This question always throws me. My father was a diplomat.I was privately educated from the age of 8-18.By the time I was 21,and still living at home,my father had become senior enough to get an entry in Who’s Who.

However I have never had a paid job.Live in social housing Don’t mix very much with other people, but have lived in areas that are predominantly working class.
Politically I hold views that fit with the left of centre middle class.

As an independent adult I have had little F2F interaction with middle class people. I have had a fair amount of interaction online with middle class people.

1 Like

In the UK Ive never heard someone even say lower class.
I’d argue there are only 3 classes.
Upper, middle, working.

I think its important to remember that (at least in the UK) it isn’t strictly tied to wealth/income. Although of course that is a factor.
Middle class is the most confusing because it seems the most wide space.

Born into low.
Mom got us to middle class by high school.
I got to upper middle working.
Now I’m low on disability.

My family started if as low, but reached middle.

I voted Middle Class because my parents definitely are

Not sure if I class as that though

1 Like

I make a little under $30,000 dollars a year. Not sure where that puts me but I’m not eating out of trash cans and I have a roof over my head so I’m doing good enough.

1 Like

I would say I came from a lower middle class as my father was a high school teacher. I worked as a university lecturer before the diagnosis and my husband is a professor so my unclear family is middle class.

I’m not really middle class anymore as I am now on government disability and make $24k a year. On a personal level I wouldn’t consider myself as low class though. I don’t work so I’m not working class either. I picked low class though because of my income.

I would consider myself very middle, middle class as my father was a high ranking, commissioned warrant officer in the U S Army and I was a med/surg RN in the U S Air Force and a 1rst. Lieutenant.

I have money, but currently don’t work.

I put middle class because I own property, investments, retirement,…

But I’m also on disability so maybe I should have put lower class. Don’t know.

Anyway, I don’t have any money problems. My parents are upper middle class.