Poll : Do you think you getting Schizophrenia (or sza) was inevitable for you or

Yea I read that brain trauma can cause mental and neurological illness.

2 Likes

I have heard that meningitis have been connected with schizophrenia, and I had it when I was about 16, makes you wonder…

3 Likes

I could see that. Anything affecting the brain, is a potential trigger

2 Likes

Came here to say this.
I didn’t get schizophrenia, I was born with it.

2 Likes

It is so hard to say. There were some major stressors in my life, but I can see where the seeds of sz were present in my life long before I was officially dx’ed.

2 Likes

It was inevitable and a curse from the Gods or God and evil folks.

1 Like

I wonder if someone who’s schizophrenia was caused by a brain injury would have the same “negative sz symtpoms” as someone who got it through genetics? I wonder if they might be classified as two different diseases if they were diagnosed properly. Like a person who got it through brain injury might not have the same proclivity for high dopamine.

1 Like

I think it was inevitable yes, mostly because since the age of 12 or 13 I had major depression symptoms that weren’t solvable with anti depressants and therapy.

I took anti depressants from that age until I was 19 or 20 until I finally started to hear voices, since then meds worked a lot better and I was able to study more, knowing my true limitations really helped.

I also had massive headaches before starting to hear voices, that were stopping me from having a “normal” life.

1 Like

My environment triggered it for sure

1 Like

That’s a really good question @Bowens . I may have had a disposition leaning in that direction, and trauma caused it to bloom, but not really sure. I had depression and anxiety before schizophrenia developed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.