POLL: Do you have schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder or psychosis?

Last Tuesday, I found out my diagnosis changed. I now have schizoaffective disorder, depressive type, instead of schizophrenia.

Which type do you have?

• Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective, depressive type
  • Schizoaffective, bipolar type
  • Psychosis
0 voters

My original diagnosis was brief psychosis but after 3-4 yrs I stopped meds for 2yrs and went psychotic I got much worse. Then they diagnosed me with sz. I wonder if I would be better now if I hadn’t stopped meds for that long or maybe my illness just got worse

1 Like

I began hearing voices and went into psychosis in November 2014. It got worse in 2020 and I was finally diagnosed and on an antipsychotic in November. I wonder if I got medicated sooner if my symptoms would be better.

1 Like

I was originally dxed depression w psychosis in 2014 but in 2018 things got bad and they dxed me with sza. They can’t seem to make up their minds about depressive or bipolar type but I believe it’s bipolar type

2 Likes

My diagnosis flip flops between SZA-Bipolar or Depressive type, but as of right now it is Bipolar type.

2 Likes

I have bipolar 1 mixed type with psychosis. Thats whats listed anyway.
With that it probably means the bipolar is more dominant than the psychosis.

3 Likes

I dont care what the diagnosis says. I know its schizophrenia

3 Likes

My diagnosis is schizophrenia.

1 Like

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia ten years ago. I was having delusions there was a microchip in my head and that someone was broadcasting my thoughts on the web for everyone to see. Since then I have come a long way.

I have paranoid schizophrenia

I’m going with schizophrenia. At least that’s what’s on my record anyways.

I’m going to be seeing an actual psychiatrist soon (I have never seen a psychiatrist or whatever except for when I was in the hospital in full blown psychosis)

So we will see if they stick to that.

1 Like

My original diagnosis was major depression disorder with psychotic features, it all depends on the shrink.

1 Like

I have schizoaffective bipolar type, have had some degree of psychosis and mood symptoms since I was 15.

I didn’t get any sort of treatment until I was 20, following a suicide attempt, but at that time I was diagnosed with depression, and was given just AD’s. How the psychiatrist did not see the psychosis or the mania is beyond me. When I look back it seems clear as day just how crazy I was.

My first severe, acute psychosis occurred when I was 23, at which time I was diagnosed bipolar 1 with psychosis.

It was over a year later that my dx was changed to sza. For many years I refused to accept that dx, though, insisted I was just bipolar with psychotic features. After a hospital stay at the age of 36 I finally accepted that I have sza.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for participating in my poll.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.