Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

Pine Done Pip and Rip Antipsychotics

I found out months ago that atypical antipsychotics can be classed into a number of categories.

Anyway, as can be noticed, a lot of scientific names of antipsychotics end with either pine (e.g. Quetiapine, Clozapine) or done (e.g. Risperidone, Lurasidone) or include the word pip (Aripiprazole, Brexpiprazole: only ones in class) or rip (Cariprazine: only one in class). Some antipsychotics are considered to be related to each other in some way. That is why they are named like that.

It is not a big deal. It is just something I found out. Actually the scientific name of all atypical antipsychotics contains one of these words I think.

Haha this stuff is crazy scientific.

fun fact: the antidepressant mirtazapine (remeron) is related to the -pine antipsychotics and they can all cause a drop in white blood cell count (clozapine way more dramatically than the others though)

Are you trying to scare people?

Wow man, you have only given 80 likes, but received 1.6 thousand.

@korieve is my friend…!!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Good brosky. . I just had a nice party… drank a lot of juice and fish…!!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Why was WildBandicoot post flagged ?

I don’t know. It wasn’t me.

I think because he used the word"amazing". That word freaks people out sometimes.

@jeroenp i think system flagged his post for no reason…!!! I think @moderator will look into it…!!!