Phone call with my psychiatrist tomorrow

I get a 5 minute phone call every 6 months with my psychiatrist. Can anyone beat this for lack of care? :joy:

12 Likes

Man you got me beat! I get 20 minutes face to face every six months

2 Likes

I’ve got two psychiatrist appointments this week. One is on video call with the perinatal psychiatrist…the other is in person with my regular psychiatrist. I usually get an hour every 6 months.

2 Likes

I used to be like this. Now my psychiatrist fired me. Oh well my aprn actually sees me and actually provides insight and isn’t stuck in 1992

2 Likes

That’s really short. I see my psychiatrist every 6 weeks for 30 mins face-to-face.

3 Likes

currently i see my pdoc for like 30 minutes every 6 months because his agenda is all booked up… used to see him like every 2 months but he is too busy.

2 Likes

I do not see a psychiatrist at all these past few months. Beat ya!

But I don’t really need one atm

2 Likes

You win :clap: !

2 Likes

I get like 10 minutes with my psychiatrist but I see her every 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I see mine once every 6 months for 30mins to 1 hour

He’s a new pdoc and a lot younger than the others I’ve had

If there is a major problem, after suffering for a few weeks or even a few months, he will pick up the phone off spec and review my meds

Now they appreciate that I need this ad-hoc support to keep my head above ground

2 Likes

I used to see my psychiatrist every month for ten years. Now I have a new psychiatrist, she’s busy and it seems I will manage to see her every one month and a half.

Strange you don’t see your psychiatrist more.

2 Likes

I am sorry. That is horrible :lizard::lizard::lizard:

2 Likes

I had the phone call. It lasted 2 minutes and 38 seconds according to my phone logs.

Next one is in 6 months.

I’m stable at the moment so , we didn’t really have anything to discuss.

2 Likes

Lol EH! Sorry but that makes me laugh. I mean you could laugh or cry so I will chose to laugh

2 Likes

my call for pdoc nurse that gives me meds is today… sadly they almost killed me via a new med that is not to be taken with my heart med…

i am temporarily worried about my life now.

1 Like

Woa. That sounds terrible.

1 Like

it is… look it up i now take heart med propranolol er 120 mg , before it was metropolol 75 mg… thursday he assigned me for rapid thoughts… which i dont have or ever have had a medicine named ic fluphenazine 2.5 mg which can stop my heart if taken with the others above mentioned.

1 Like

I took fluphenazine (Prolixin) with propranolol and everything was just fine. I had tremors from the Prolixin, and the propranolol stopped it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.