People in Blue Zones ‘don’t try to live longer,’ expert says: Here’s why they do anyway

In “five corners of the world,” blue zones are living on average eight years longer than Americans, Buettner said. Yet, “none of them are tracking their steps, or taking superfoods, or running down to Costa Rica for stem cells.”

Instead, residents of blue zones prioritize improving their personal relationships and developing a sense of community, he said.

“In blue zones, people live a long time not because they pursue health. It’s because it ensues,” Buettner said. “They live in an environment wherein their micro unconscious decisions are slightly better all day long, as a result of their surroundings.” And this includes who they surround themselves with.

3 Likes

A flat in town isn’t going to provide that @everhopeful

My aspiration to have a lovely house in a village could though, perhaps.

That greenery would in itself be better for my mental health and happiness.

3 Likes

Seen that on German tv a couple of days ago

1 Like

This is very interesting. The idea that a blue zone lifestyle could be developed anywhere one lives is quite interesting. If it’s not the architecture, laws, resources or other fixed factor that determines their longevity, then it must be within the realm of mind-body connection. This is interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Don’t buy it. Best thing for sz you can do is count your steps and do diet and exercise. That is where the research and better outcomes are…

Yes. Better human interactions are so much better but the problem is your mentally ill and your not getting that interaction anyways…whereas counting your steps with your regular exercise and looking at diet your so much better.

Just saying from what I understood about that article.

1 Like